Thread: Xgody 5" GPS

Thanks

Default Xgody 5" GPS

Anybody know anything about these:

Also what is the difference between their 504 and their 560 units.

Apparently they turn on/off with the ignition, however I need to download many POI's and I cannot get from them ( xgody)the software that they use thats similar to Tom Tom, Garvin or ... anybody know this. Am very happy with my Navig8R GPS thats 8 years old running Metroview, but the second unit needed a battery and when I undid the back I lost the on off button switch. so could very well buy another 8 year old unity and update with the latest maps or maybe an xgody unit.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I hope you did your homework research before deciding on XGODY GPS. Reviews are not that great.
    It is definitely Windows based with 5" resistive screen and who knows what GPS system wouldn't make me keen on it.
    You are much better off using your smartphone with loaded applications - more support and I suspect superior performance. Price will be much lower if you are budget cautious.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

PeterInSa (11-09-20)

Thanks

Re Smartphone, Have set up a similar system for my daughter, using an old Samsung, got the app and the phone/Screen/Speed alerts to come on when the ignition is turned on, but have not been able to set it up to turn off when the ignition is turned off.

Have Purchased a second hand GPS* with great speed alerts from Cashies Interstate. (unit no longer made) Software still available. To me a lot better than a Big Name GPS (Have 2) that costs 3 times the price when both new. ( Reason for the purchase, Have 2 similar units*, pulled one apart to buy a battery and lost the on/off switch)

Thanks

Re A Smart Phone for GPS and Speed Alerts, previously I have mentioned on another post that I think Metroview is great for Speed alerts in city's especially Adelaide where we have lots of speed Cameras. Other GPS Software that I understand can be download to a smart phone includes Osmand Maps, Sygic, HEREWeGo, waze and of course Google Maps. Some free some $.