Thread: Watching BBC and ITV TV programs online

Thanks

Default Watching BBC and ITV TV programs online

I enjoy many British TV shows, but Australian stations are showing less of them, or the ones they do show are repeats of repeats. I've made a search and see that the BBC transmit online but the programs are geo-blocked. I've read where this can be overcome by use of a VPN.

I have no experience of such measures and am wary of installing applications of doubtful origin on my computer. I'm seeking some guidance on how to connect to the BBC equivalent of the ABC's iView to view stored content, also some information as to whether ITV have such a service.

I'm reluctant to subscribe to a VPN service before I see if it will do the job, so seek advice on a free service to try out watching BBC stored programs and also ITV if possible. Some advice from those who've done this along with a few links would be appreciated, please.

I guess I'll need to register on the British sites so some advice on ways to do this and avoid dropping myself in it by revealing I'm really in Australia would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Use opera browser. It has a free vpn.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

David071 (15-09-20),LeroyPatrol (12-10-20),myf360f1 (21-09-20),RogerTheDoger (14-09-20)

Thanks

BBC iPlayer is supported using a DNS service like Getflix.

Essentially, you subscribe to the service (free trial is available so you can fully test in advance before committing to a subscription), you next enter their custom DNS (two simple addresses) into your whole-house router or per each device, as desired. You'll want to elect your region settings within the Getflix dashboard to UK and really, that's about it. Install BBC iPlayer and away you go.

Getflix does provide free VPN (with a valid subscription) as well, though I have no experience with it - it may be required during the initial account creation for various services.