Thread: Released after 37 years

Thanks

Default Released after 37 years

After 37 years behind bars, a Florida man has been cleared of rape and murder that DNA evidence proved he did not commit after a long-ago trial that relied on a sketchy jailhouse informant and faulty bite mark analysis.Robert DuBoise was released from prison last month.
    A hearing before Hillsborough County Circuit Judge Christopher Nash on Monday local time resulted in an order wiping the previous convictions and life sentence, and removing DuBoise from the state’s sex offender registry.
    see

37 years is a long time to be locked up for something you didn't do.

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    see

37 years is a long time to be locked up for something you didn't do.
    Understatement of the century.......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

I'm thankful I only got a $50 ticket for something I didn't do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

After 37 years, The compensation payout he'll get will make the rest of his days living in the lap of Luxury.... If he can adapt to the outside world.
    Still probably can't ever be enough for an effectively wasted life through no fault of his own.

I thought life was 20 years. 37 is pretty much 2 life sentences.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (16-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

One to listen to is the Podcast "Serial" about Adned Syed.

I'm pretty indifferent about his story. But if you follow the premise that he is innocent then it does illustrate how broken the US legal system is.
    Actually, I am not sure how the USA functions anymore.

Adned's story is a bit messed up. He did a lot of shit that I would never have done.
    There's even more messed up people in the story. There was also a TV doco one him that SBS showed.
    You'd think somebody like him would ditch the outward muslim image and distance himself from any involvement with it in a batshit crazy christian based religious country.
    Fvck, you'd even hear me praise jebus if I was caught up in that kind of clusterfvck of a legal system.
    The only sensible person I saw in the whole story was his father who understands keying a low key as a muslim.

And Adned himself has gone full on roid monster. Lots of spare time on his hands pumping iron is one of the only things keeping him entertained.
    Again, not something I'd be wanting as a public image when trying to get out of jail.

And in the TV series you can see what the US legal system is doing. They offered to let him go free if he didn't sue them. Get out of jail now card.
    He didn't take it. And given his circumstance, his life is already ruined and if it is their fault, they don't want to admit fault or pay to repair the mistake.

So while the rest of the world is seriously messed up, it's good to know that our crown persecutors appear to do everything possible to prove the innocence of the person charged.
    (despite some mistakes in the past).
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

then it does illustrate how broken the US legal system is.
    The US, what about Australia? All you have to do is mention is A SEX CASE you are GUILTY and if the case is a person under 18 you are gone!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (16-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

37 years in prison, for a crime you didn't do, would have to really mess up your head. Well that's obvious, when he says one of the things he needs to learn is how to use an Iphone... FFS he needs therapy for that alone.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (16-09-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

I'm pretty indifferent about his story. But if you follow the premise that he is innocent then it does illustrate how broken the US legal system is.
    Actually, I am not sure how the USA functions anymore.
    A little OT but a must watch () on how truly rooted some states/counties in the US are when lazy police and the very top officials go postal on an alleged kiddy fiddler

Thanks

I'm thankful I only got a $50 ticket for something I didn't do.
    Surprised no one asked what I didn't do but copped a $50 ticket for. By not asking you've spoiled my chance to give you a laugh.

It was years ago but I got a $50 ticked for not stopping at a red light.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Surprised no one asked what I didn't do but copped a $50 ticket for. By not asking you've spoiled my chance to give you a laugh.

It was years ago but I got a $50 ticked for not stopping at a red light.
    A mate got caught at an intersection a couple of weeks ago and was late getting across....cop said driving through a red light.

$435 and 3 points.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Yeah, I've never got a ticket for something I didn't do.
    Nobody would be that stupid to try that kind of shit on me in this country.
    The kind of stink I would unleash makes skunk piss smell like holy water in comparison.

Though to be fair my sense of injustice is only balanced with my need for retribution.
    Grudges are like Tattoos, Once you get one you should keep it forever.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    A mate got caught at an intersection a couple of weeks ago and was late getting across....cop said driving through a red light.

$435 and 3 points.
    I got pulled over in Longreach, I think it was.. One of the larger outback QLD towns anyway. Pulled up at a stop sign (copper behind me, and I knew he was there), saw a vehicle approaching on my left (@ probably 30KPH), but plenty of room, so with my blinker still on, turned right. This was across a rather wide intersection, with two lanes either direction and a grassy centre divide as well. The copper pulled me over and I'm sitting there trying to work out what I did wrong. He asked if I saw the stop sign.. yes... do you know what it means.. yes... then why did you fail to give way to the vehicle on your left? WTF? He was miles away. I could have crossed the intersection, got out and rolled a smoke before the other vehicle got there.

Anyway, you play the game.. nice and polite explain that you judged there to be ample room, and that by the time you had made the turn there was about 5 car lengths between him and you etc.. Older cop gets the young guy to write me a ticket. Young guy explains, I can't let you off with a warning because it was one of the more serious road rules.. OK mate, no worries..

I can't remember how many points it was 2? (Fail to Give Way at a Stop sign), but it was a couple of hundred for the fine. Later on, when I looked at the ticket, I notice he had written the wrong driver's licence number, and the wrong date too. When I got back to NSW, I rang my solicitor and asked him what was the chances of getting off on the ticket. He said you'll have to go back to QLD to go to court, so the wages you'll lose and the expense of the trip and staying over night etc, it wasn't worth the effort. But anyway, seeing as the fine collection dept is separate to the licence dept, once you pay the fine, and the infringement gets passed on, they won't be able to match it to your licence number, so at least you won't lose any points.

That was about 4 or 5 years ago now, and they didn't deduct the points... Happy Days...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I once stopped at a red light and sat there for over 3 Minutes ( listening to a song I liked in it's entirety) and didn't see another car the whole time. It was about 2am so thinking the lights were broken and not knowing there was a camera, I crept through looking down the other road. Camera flashes went off and I was pissed off completely. Wasn't like I hadnt't stopped for a long time, The lights took so long with no other cars anywhere else. How Fking long was I supposed to wait to see if they ever changed or not?

Rang solicitor mate and asked should I ring and explain in advance. He said no, don't admit to anything, wait and see if a Ticket Comes. I said well they should be able to more than see me, I was just creeping through looking for other traffic before I got to the middle of the intersection.
    Never did get a notice.

Dunno if they realised the lights were crook by their data imprint or if they saw the brake lights and the 2 pictures made it look like I was stationary because I was moving very slow or thought I was trying to stop, but I never heard anything more about it thankfully.