Thread: Another bad egg copper

Thanks

Default Another bad egg copper

A Canberra court has heard a NSW Police officer threatened to break a man's legs during an illegal arrest by himself and another officer in the ACT.
    see

Seems NSW police have not improved since the days of the rum corps.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-09-20),hinekadon (23-09-20),Mr 672A (23-09-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Mr Taylor said the case was a reminder that police officers were not "a law unto themselves".
    Seems a lot of them need to be reminded of that. Seen that same attitude admitted here.
    Plenty of evidence in recent events to show how they are just getting more and more out of hand with their power tripping and intimidation as well.

I did actually go into a Country Police station the other week and made an inquiry and was treated with a helpful attitude.
    A distinct improvement from the last time I went into one.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-09-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

The law is an ass, and these two donkeys just made it easier for the crims to get away. They could have called the ACT cops and followed him until the cops arrived.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Ummm..not necessarily. He was on a motorcycle, and could have gone all sorts of places the cops couldn't follow, ESPECIALLY in Hume...an industrial suburb. It even has our prison.

Their conduct was ridiculous, but hardly criminal in my view...just stupid and clumsy. Like they would really break his legs...dumb f*cks. But I wouldn't call them "bent".

Anyway, he could have ridden off and killed someone while under the influence (unlikely in Hume at that time I'll admit)....would that be better?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The law is an ass, and these two donkeys just made it easier for the crims to get away. They could have called the ACT cops and followed him until the cops arrived.
    You would think these days that police close to the border on all states a territories would have a magic number to ring so the other cops can take over where the original cops has to stop crossing the border.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    But I wouldn't call them "bent".
    I would call them Dump and Dumper

Thanks

Just another case of Cops thinking their shit don't stink and overstepping their Boundaries.
    Nothing new to see here.

They would have had to know where their jurisdiction lie and that not going by the book could work against them.
    You would also think cops would be careful not to give the crooks and deadbeats a way out which is exactly what they have done and makes them twice as dumb as moron they were trying to pinch.

I can see this Holier than thou attitude in Police getting worse before it gets better. I will get reined in eventually and then the cops will have more restrictions put on them which will make arresting Low lifes even harder and give the crims even more technicalities to get off on.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Bit of a beat up IMHO, yes the cops were not legally covered for an arrest in the ACT but I think they thought they were doing the right thing................and threatening to break his legs...........ohhhhhh the hurty words must have been devastating...................collect $10000000000000000000000000000.

Yet another ABC beat up

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (24-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Bit of a beat up IMHO, yes the cops were not legally covered for an arrest in the ACT but I think they thought they were doing the right thing................and threatening to break his legs...........ohhhhhh the hurty words must have been devastating...................collect $10000000000000000000000000000.

Yet another ABC beat up
    Yeah but that's the problem. It's a double edged sword.
    The cops over step their mark then the smart arse Crims who know all the laws and how to play the system take advantage of it.
    The cops need to stay within their boundaries and loose the attitude for the benift of decent people and to cover their own arses so the scumbags can be pulled into line without turning things around.

I think a lot of cops are frustrated these days because of the restrictions put on them and they take it out on the soft targets whom are the basically decent people who aren't all schooled up on the law like the crims. I reckon they probably took this guy for a dropkick and he wasn't as stupid as he turned them out to be.

I see it as a loss all round. Crim who should have been locked up not only gets off but will likely get a payout, Cops are frustrated and take it out on people who don't deserve it ( and no one tell me that doesen't happen!) and no ones interest is served... other that the low life who is laughing and has got no incentive to change their ways, quite the opposite in fact.