Thread: Twister OS

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default Twister OS

Not sure if many know about this so I thought I give a pointer.

Currently my fav OS:

Runs on a RPi 4B+ (4GB RAM recommended, even lets me clock the Pi @2.1Ghz directly from the desk top too.

It is *cough* Windows/Mac/Linux all in one and the amount of preinstalled software is insane. I wish there was a PC version of this.

The 'Mac' implementation is pretty good, as I never use the native Apple applications on my Macs anyhow I hardly notice that I am actually running Linux,
    well it is almost better than a Mac because I can run way more stuff, Krusader on a Mac, loving it.
    Only downside, being based on Raspian it is 32bit.

'Windows' is Wine based with a nice XP look but haven't bothered testing it properly.
    I have 120GB of Retro game ROMS to test on it, probably would take a decade.

Wiring Pi is included and works and because I like spaghetti I got it to work with Freebasic as well.
    The greatest achievements of the past that paved way for the awkward future were done with the simple GOTO command

For a minimalist system this sure rocks big time but the Pi needs cooling.
    I am using this armour case for passive cooling. I hate those noisy fans. It has easy access to the ports, doesn't interfere with Wifi and gives the Pi a nice solid feel. There is armour underneath as well:

Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-09-20),tristen (19-09-20)

Look Here ->