Thread: Recommendations!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Recommendations!

QLD

As I am touring around I've found a few gems that I thought I'd share. If you are local, or touring, check 'em out. If anyone has something to share, I thought that one place for us all to contribute to might mean others here will find somewhere new to go in their local area.

We did on Monday and the cafe at the start of the track is well worth a visit. It's a popular venue for Weddings etc.

Last night we went to For a great Steak and a variety of beers on tap. Well worth a night out!

Roger recommended the on the Atherton Tablelands which I will definately visit.

So what do you guys recommend. perhaps title your posts in this thread with the State, so that we can all benefit from your good experiences
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lsemmens; 23-09-20 at 09:44 AM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-09-20),Johnno (23-09-20),mtv (23-09-20)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I recognised the Breakfast Creek Hotel as soon as I saw the picture, before reading anything. I had a steak and a few beers there on many occasions when I worked near there many years ago.

Perhaps you could visit the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Mountain View Road provides a magnificent view of the Glasshouse mountains with Brisbane just visible in the background, on a clear day. Then thru Maleny and travel along the road to Montville have a coffee overlooking the coast there, down to Nambour and on to the coast travel north along the coast to Noosa. More great views.

Another suggestion for your trip if you have time. When you get to Proserpine turn right and go to Airlie Beach and take a day trip to Hamilton Island and take a cruise around Whitsunday Island that includes landing on Whitehaven Beach. Magnificent scenery.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (23-09-20)