Thread: File hosting options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default File hosting options

I run a small website that is hosted on my ISP's servers. Problem is, they give me a 'generous' 10Mb allowance.
    So what I do is put the HTML there, and reference a free file hoster URL for any larger files to download. I've been using TinyUpload because the links never expire - handy when a less often downloaded file is called for.
    But TinyUpload has been very unreliable and blacklisted by Chrome as unsafe.

So, looking for suggestions for a free file hoster where:
    The links never expire until I manually delete them
    Minimal, if any, advertising
    More reliable than TinyUpload
    Not blacklisted by Chrome etc.
    And, of course, free.

Maximum file size being hosted is 7Mb, and combined total of all files is <20Mb.

2. Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Mega
    Filepup

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Why not just get a real Host? They are cheap as chips these days and the free sites are a pain in the arse that are not worth the fking around.

I use my host for all sorts of private things including personal files and photostorage as back up. I _ think_ it's $120 a year, $10 a Month. I think it's either 10 or 100 Gb and I run 3 Domains but can run 5 or 10. It's more than I could ever need anyway.

If your business won't support that, you don't have a business to start with. In any case, you can write it off so it's not that much anyway.

Thanks

Well if you are worried about Google not liking what you are putting up ie gets flagged why not just use google drive you get 15gb free and if you manage to use that open another gmail and another drive. You can host html file on there too.

Here a link to a article showing you how:

To host a web page on Google Drive:

Create a folder in Google Drive and set the sharing permission to “Public on the Web.”
    Upload the HTML, JavaScript and CSS files for your web page to the new folder.
    Select the HTML file, open it and click the “Preview” button in the toolbar.
    Share the URL (it will look like ) and anyone can view your web page!
    Drive has the added benefit of allowing or disallowing specific people to view files, folder structures.

I do agree with the above advice get a host its cheap but obviously there may be things we don't know about your business or circumstances that may not allow you to do that.

6. 27-03-22, 05:20 PM

7. 06-09-22, 01:47 AM

8. 05-12-22, 04:37 AM

9. 05-12-22, 04:47 AM