Thread: Woman tased for not wearing mask in usa

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Default Woman tased for not wearing mask in usa

From another forum I frequent...

It's like this...I live in the adjacent county and know the story very well. There are many mistruths floating around and I'll attempt to portray the real story.

Masks are required at all school functions and everyone around here knows that. She wore a mask into the game and had it on her person the whole time. After entering the event, she took the mask off. The officer calmly approached her and asked her to put her mask on. Side note: The officer in question is very well known, loved, and respected in this region. Instead of taking the 10 seconds to comply with the law and put the mask on, she argued with the officer and said she would not put it on due to her "asthma", which she did not mention to anyone when she entered, nor did it seem to hamper her ability to struggle with the officer. Because she would not simply put the mask on, the officer told her she would have to leave the premises or be arrested for trespassing, which is the correct, appropriate charge for someone on school grounds that is not conforming to the rules. He calmly tried to get her to leave on her own accord, which she wouldn't. As a last ditch effort to remove her from the premises, he finally had to tase her. He did NOT tase her for not wearing a mask, as all of the media has incorrectly stated...he tased her because, by law, she was trespassing and wouldn't leave. She had every chance to work with the officer, but repeatedly escalated the situation at every given chance.

All of us watch videos all of the time where people won't respond to an officer's simple, lawful request and the scene goes sideways and we exclaim "why didn't they just do what the officer said??". This is one of those cases where the person in question thought she was above the law and causes a scene where no one can win. Everyone entering the event knew the rules, yet she wouldn't go to the effort to obey them and pull the damn mask out of her back pocket and put it on. I understand the inconvenience of a mask, but the rule, correct or not, is well-intentioned and is based on the belief that masks will help prevent the spread of an illness that is highly contagious and more dangerous than the "flu". Further, the coverage I keep seeing only shows the part of the scene where it went sideways, not the whole scene where the officer went out of his way to handle the situation calmly. Worse yet, the coverage keeps saying she was tased for not wearing a mask, which is WRONG and you have your heavily biased and incompetent media to thank for that.

There are plenty of rules we have to live by in our society and school sporting events are no exception. For example, smoking is not allowed in the stands, yelling at the refs gets you ejected (yes, I've been ejected and no one had to tase me for me to leave), and we have to wear clothing to cover our genitals and women's breasts (which I find controversial ). This year has been a very, very rough one for almost everyone, regardless of beliefs, ethnicities, affiliations, etc. Personally, I wish everyone in our country would just take a deep breath and put a little more effort into bringing us all together. We're all Americans...we need to drop the pettiness and start trying love one another despite our differences.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-09-20),eaglem (27-09-20),Uncle Fester (27-09-20)

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Well she is lucky she was just tasered, not shot, indeed a kind cop.
    You are guest at a school and must follow the rules.

I say the same when here people in Bunnings back then got obnoxious because they were asked to wear a mask.
    A shop is not a public place either. You are a guest in a shop and if you don't adhere to the rules you are trespassing.
    Taser away!
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (27-09-20)