Thread: Trying to source parts

Thanks

Question Trying to source parts

I'm trying to replace the "tyres" (Rubber Bands) on an old Sabco Carpet Sweeper (1970's).
    Would anyone know of a supplier or manufacturer of these?

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Maybe evilBay
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Can't see the pic, or the part you're looking for. When I click on it I get this:

bob_m_54, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Can't see the pic, or the part you're looking for. When I click on it I get this:
    Works for me.... perhaps that's the difference between premium/non-premium account status on this forum? {shrug} ...but here you go ; I *believe* the OP is referring to the brown coloured band;

I sort of remember these being launched here way back when, as the modern replacement for the humble broom ~ every house-wife had/wanted one .... you know, back when society had house-wives =)

Anyhoo....no dimensions, no idea of cross-sectional shape/thickness, so this is vague as slurry...and after sooooo long, you can bet Sabco will say "Time for a new improved sweeper!" ; yes, they still make/sell the thing.

As for clues and ideas.... when searching and you want to use the word 'tyres' ; don't -- use 'tires' instead, m'kay.

Now that I think about it and see this (Bunnings);

My brain goes like this;

1> Buy new Sabco as above for $33 (or go look at one) and see if the wheel assembles are the same or interchangeable
    2> If not ; keep/use new unit --> ebay ad : Genuine 1970 Sabco carpet sweeper in original condition ...take pictures, say nothing, $10 start on auction, wait for 'period collectors' to bite

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

@Wotnot yep it seems it's probably the reason why i can't see it.. I reckon if the belt/tire/tyre is worn out, then it probably has more stuff worn out too.. From the 70's? the bristles have probably even worn down too LOL. When my brother and I moved into a granny flat in our back yard, circa 1967, we had an old one of those to keep the carpet in it clean, and it was old then.. LOL and it didn't work very well either...