Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pell returns to Roam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Hahaha, a corrupt Catholic Cardinal... who'd of thunk it.. They f'kn deserve each other.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Hahaha, a corrupt Catholic Cardinal... who'd of thunk it.. They f'kn deserve each other.
    Yeah, true....but ONLY if both are guilty.

Pell is not guilty according to the law.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Yeah, true....but ONLY if both are guilty.

Pell is not guilty according to the law.....
    Sorry, I meant all of the hierarchy, not just those two.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Sorry, I meant all of the hierarchy, not just those two.
    The Catholic Church has been a "godsend" for religion in general IMO. It's given all the other religions time to hide the evidence and cover their tracks. Except Islam of course, they get a pass anyway....the prophet liked them young.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (07-10-20),DB44 (06-10-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    It shows that no matter if you are proven innocent or not, Mud always sticks and peoples reputations are always tainted.
    "O" yes indeed. I wonder if and when the money that 700,000 euros (around 1 mill Aus) that went to Australian will be found in someones bank account or banks accounts on different people. Hummm time will tell but who? This will be interesting if it every happens surely they cannot be stupid to leave a snail trail with this money.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    "This will be interesting if it every happens surely they cannot be stupid to leave a snail trail with this money.
    Don't bet on it! The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

The thing I see, if this is indeed true, is will anyone actually go looking for said Payments? I doubt the cops will. They have already been made to look like fools and finding bribes to witnesses that they based their case on would not do a lot to make them look any better. What power's they would have to check bank records etc I also don't know.

Again, if this is true, I don't see the authorities having a whole lot of motivation to investigate or prosecute. Pell's free, they look bad already, where is the win here and for whom?

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (07-10-20)

Thanks

The Catholic Church has been a "godsend" for religion in general IMO. It's given all the other religions time to hide the evidence and cover their tracks. Except Islam of course, they get a pass anyway....the prophet liked them young.
    Yeah, the Catholic Church has had much more publicity than most of the others, although the Anglican Church has copped a bit of a pizzling around these parts too. But I reckon corruption in the religious sector at least rivals corruption in big business and political arena as well.

Yes, it does seem that the Prophet liked them young, younger than ages mentioned in the Bible, by a couple of years anyway. But taking age literally from either text is a bit dubious. I mean Abraham was supposed to be 175 when he died, and that old bugger Methuselah was 895 years old, Adam was even older.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (07-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah, the Catholic Church has had much more publicity than most of the others, although the Anglican Church has copped a bit of a pizzling around these parts too. But I reckon corruption in the religious sector at least rivals corruption in big business and political arena as well.

Yes, it does seem that the Prophet liked them young, younger than ages mentioned in the Bible, by a couple of years anyway. But taking age literally from either text is a bit dubious. I mean Abraham was supposed to be 175 when he died, and that old bugger Methuselah was 895 years old, Adam was even older.
    Yes, all true. With islam, it happens before our eyes....forced marriages to kids and such. No one has the courage to really call them out because the lunatic media will scream "RACIST". Even though these issues have nothing to do with race. And pathetic politicians will ensure they are given a free pass in most cases. It's just too difficult to deal with.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (07-10-20),george65 (07-10-20)

Thanks

Yes, all true. With islam, it happens before our eyes....forced marriages to kids and such. No one has the courage to really call them out because the lunatic media will scream "RACIST". Even though these issues have nothing to do with race. And pathetic politicians will ensure they are given a free pass in most cases. It's just too difficult to deal with.
    Correct, it is about culturally accepted norms among certain people, and is not even about religion.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Correct, it is about culturally accepted norms among certain people, and is not even about religion.
    Exactly...and we should not accept norms that aren't compatible with Australian law.

i.e. marrying and screwing kids is not on. If anyone does not want to obey that tenet, then go somewhere else, or go to jail.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-10-20),DB44 (07-10-20),lsemmens (08-10-20)

Thanks

Exactly...and we should not accept norms that aren't compatible with Australian law.

i.e. marrying and screwing kids is not on. If anyone does not want to obey that tenet, then go somewhere else, or go to jail.
    I totally agree mate. Just pointing out that it ain't on a religious basis.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Yes, all true. With islam, it happens before our eyes....forced marriages to kids and such. No one has the courage to really call them out because the lunatic media will scream "RACIST". Even though these issues have nothing to do with race.
    The ignorance with race and Religion never ceases to piss me off but clearly it's a very convenient oversight for the ignorant and virtue signallers whom are lacking the intelligence to find a counter argument to their position. The way the term Racist is bandied about now days, it's pretty much become meaningless. Often a racist is someone labelled as such whom is just concerned for the welfare and well being of their country, way of life and respects law and order.

You can have a disagreement with some people over apples or oranges and you will be branded a racist if you don't agree with some of those that think everyone should think like them and those that don't are at fault and guilty of Character flaws.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

DB44 (08-10-20),lsemmens (09-10-20),VroomVroom (09-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    You are missing the point, in law you can only be found Guilty or Not Guilty, there is no such finding as Innocent.
    I think you may have missed the point here Roger.

The role of our criminal legal system is to determine a persons ‘guilt’ in respect to a charge. A verdict of not guilty is indeed as you say - ‘not guilty’.

Our system also presumes a person is innocent unless a finding of guilt is made.

Therefore, if a person is found to be ‘not guilty’ in a criminal jurisdiction then they are, for all intents and purposes, presumed to be ‘innocent’ as they have not been proved otherwise.

So, while most of us have a strong suspicions against Pell, he is indeed ‘innocent’ until proven otherwise.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (10-10-20),OSIRUS (10-10-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    I think you may have missed the point here Roger.

The role of our criminal legal system is to determine a persons ‘guilt’ in respect to a charge. A verdict of not guilty is indeed as you say - ‘not guilty’.

Our system also presumes a person is innocent unless a finding of guilt is made.

Therefore, if a person is found to be ‘not guilty’ in a criminal jurisdiction then they are, for all intents and purposes, presumed to be ‘innocent’ as they have not been proved otherwise.

So, while most of us have a strong suspicions against Pell, he is indeed ‘innocent’ until proven otherwise.
    There are over 1000 men in jail today Australia wide with the same charges what Pell was Charged or even less and most of them has one complainant with ever less or none evidence against them only hear say and the only reason why they are in Jail is NO $$$$$$$$$$ and you have to rely on LEGAL AID. Trust me Guys you need to make friend with a Good Solicitor (criminal) or a Good Barrister and if they are OPEN with you they will tell you the ROT that is happening in Australia. Once again KEEP AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT IS UNDER 18 years old.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    There are over 1000 men in jail today Australia wide with the same charges what Pell was Charged ...
    Your comment may well be correct, and Pell certainly would have had access to the best counsel, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he still remains innocent until he is proven guilty, despite Rogers comments.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

DB44 (11-10-20),enf (10-10-20),OSIRUS (10-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Your comment may well be correct, and Pell certainly would have had access to the best counsel, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he still remains innocent until he is proven guilty, despite Rogers comments.
    Yes Totally agree with you but the Problem is the other 1000 people rotting in jail won't every have the privilege that Pell had to get to the high Court because to get to the High Court you need plenty of $$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$$$ and Legal Aid tries there Heart out not going there $$$$$. My Solicitor Friend (Criminal Lawyer)told me Very,very Very Very once more time VERY Clearly that if most of the Child Sex Cases here in Australian when to the High Court the Defendant that has one or even two Complainants and NO EVIDENCE against him I say him because most are men and these cases has Plenty of HEAR SAY and because The High Court deals with the real law 95% will get off with a verdict 7 zip like Pell has. It shows you how TRUCKED the Supreme Court is today and its stack up (PILE ON) to get the defendant to be found guilty. Its a Disgrace, That Fool the de Jerk off Chief Judge said on TV that all people Charge with these type of Cases has the same right and get the same defense using Legal Aid compared the Best Legal team available. WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH!!!. For me the Judge and all the Jury on the Pell case should be Charged (dont worry the DPP will find a Charge or manufacture one) and sent to jail.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 11-10-20 at 11:09 AM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12