Thread: Had enough of delivery companies and pass the buck

Thanks

Default Had enough of delivery companies and pass the buck

Well this is a rant many may feel like having but it is seriously
    out of hand now.The first excuse is COVID CAUSED ISSUES everytime.

in the last 6 weeks i have had parcels lost - go to the wrong state
    sent to wrong addresses and all blame covid for a scanning error.

parcel 1 : $1200 lost 3 weeks to get a refund ( UPS )

parcel 2 - 4 : $150 wrong state sitting in limbo ( aus post )

parecl 5 : $1800 picked from Brisbane to deliver gold coast - then tweed ( COURIERS PLEASE )

has gone from Brisbane to Sydney 1200 Km away to go from Sydney
    to gold coast 1150km back for delivery. excuse covid fkme seriously they wonder why
    they are called fkwits if they cant read a fkn lable .

COURIERS PLEASE absolutely incompetent and blame you , and when you ask who shipped it "they say the
    warehouse" who do they work for "couriers please" SO your company made a mistake "NO we didnt but
    you can believe what you want" that was part of my conversation with them on the phone.

whats worse is i would normally had driven up for that last one but i cant go past pimpama
    because of the bubble restrictions.

COURIERS PLEASE ARE TERRIBLE AND BLAME ANYONE ELSE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE
    even when it cost you money to be at home waiting to sign for it.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 30-09-20 at 11:25 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),gulliver (30-09-20),Landytrack (01-10-20)

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

post on their FB page and send an email via website. That will get a rise out of them. Their employee should be apologising and chasing it up for you with a phone call back. I'm sure their manager would love to hear the conversation.

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

i know australia post are sending parcels interstate to be sorted........

combined with incompetence and new/shortage of employees you dont have much hope.....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),Landytrack (01-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    Well this is a rant many may feel like having but it is seriously
    out of hand now.The first excuse is COVID CAUSED ISSUES everytime.

in the last 6 weeks i have had parcels lost - go to the wrong state
    sent to wrong addresses and all blame covid for a scanning error.

parcel 1 : $1200 lost 3 weeks to get a refund ( UPS )

parcel 2 - 4 : $150 wrong state sitting in limbo ( aus post )

parecl 5 : $1800 picked from Brisbane to deliver gold coast - then tweed ( COURIERS PLEASE )

has gone from Brisbane to Sydney 1200 Km away to go from Sydney
    to gold coast 1150km back for delivery. excuse covid fkme seriously they wonder why
    they are called fkwits if they cant read a fkn lable .

COURIERS PLEASE absolutely incompetent and blame you , and when you ask who shipped it "they say the
    warehouse" who do they work for "couriers please" SO your company made a mistake "NO we didnt but
    you can believe what you want" that was part of my conversation with them on the phone.

whats worse is i would normally had driven up for that last one but i cant go past pimpama
    because of the bubble restrictions.

COURIERS PLEASE ARE TERRIBLE AND BLAME ANYONE ELSE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE
    even when it cost you money to be at home waiting to sign for it.
    It Happened to me.
    I ordered something from Kogan/melbourne.It got delivered over night to Sydney/Chullora depot.
    From there it took 10 days from Chullora to Beverly Hills( about 10 kms) to be delivered.
    When I complaint the answer was" the corona virus"
    I could have walked there and back in 1/2 day.
    COURIERS PLEASE .Shut down.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gulliver For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I have had a healthy hate for couriers for 20 Odd years. The more important it is for me to get something on time, the greater the chance they will Fk it up. Their success rate with this seems to be about 98% averaged over the years. I don't mind admitting, I have been reduced to tears at times. I put so much time and effort into organising things and then was undone by some Fktard with excuses like " Didn't feel well so went home early" or got a flat tyre so wasn't enough time to deliver. Yeah, you couldn't have told someone or me so I could come and get it by then?

Needless to say, not exactly strict requirements of education or an IQ test to get into the Courier/ Freight game.

I have even in the past booked dedicated ( forget the name now) pickups where someone was supposedly standing by to get that one package and take it direct to the recipient with no other detours and they still fked it up completely. Then the morons wanted me to pay the bill for a service they didn't provide and cost me a shitload more money to make up for.

Couldn't agree more with the China flu Bullshit excuses. Just claimed a refund last night on stuff I ordered supposedly from the middle of Sydney, not even the other side, that hasn't made it here in 3 Weeks. They used the china flu excuse and I referred them to my purchase history which showed Multiple Items I'd bought from sydney and interstate recenty that all made it here in Normal at the worst, and Fking quick in several cases.

Told them, Either you didn't send it or it's not coming from Australia as specified, or it's lost. Take your Pick, refund me now. One did quickly, the other is of course dragging their heels. If I don't have it tomorrow, feedback will state exactly that.

Now the excuse for delays from OS will be the wharfies strike whether that actually affects anything or not. Of course I would have to be waiting on a 3 Point hitch stump grinder right now that was supposed to be here a fortnight ago. Already put off buying something else because I was told it would be at least 6 weeks away.

May have done me a favour. I'm making the thing myself now and sourced local parts. These things aren't made here so I'm going to do one, advertise it and see what happens. They are popular OS but not here so might be an opportunity. I can build these things and pay myself a fair wage for time and costs and still come in under the cost of the imported units so who knows? Might be another upside to this China Flu crap.

Thing will be though, Can I get the bastards delivered to customers if I do sell them? Got a trucky mate who can take them to Melbourne and down the Highway so that will be ok at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Toll has been great, normally 1-3 days Auswide…. Couriers Please are useless and forget about Aussie post..
    I've been waiting 5 weeks for a gadget I ordered from China, it has been sitting in a Melbourne depo for the last 2 weeks doing absolutely nothing.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),gulliver (01-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I've been waiting 5 weeks for a gadget I ordered from China, it has been sitting in a Melbourne depo for the last 2 weeks doing absolutely nothing.
    This often seems to be the way. The first 3000 Km take a week.
    The last 30 Km to your house takes a month.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),gulliver (01-10-20),Landytrack (01-10-20),RedXT (01-10-20)

Premium Member

Thanks

Start me on Australia Post. 28th Aug ordered some parts from a company in Melbourne and know they were posted that day. After 3 weeks the goods went from Melbourne to Sydney and then sent back to Melbourne ?? Later sent to Sydney again and since then disappeared into the maw of Chullora mail sorting centre.
    Have not seen the goods.
    Anyhow made a repeat order (lost about 90 bucks of goods) but this time had sent by so called Express Post. Took 5 days to get from Melbourne to my home in the Central West N.S.W.
    At least I got the stuff.
    Talking to the lady at the shop in Melbourne she was chasing 10 packages which have just disappeared.
    It seems only Express Post items will get through.

Have heard parcels in Vic get sent to Sydney to be sorted and then sent back to Vic for posting.

Chairman Dan has surely stuffed Victoria.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),george65 (01-10-20),gulliver (01-10-20)

Thanks

parcel from Brisbane to Perth express, parcel sent to me from Brisbane on 16th Sept still not here, same place brisbane sent on the
    Received by Australia Post
    BROWNS PLAINS QLD
    Column, event date and time, Mon 28 Sep • 4:05pm

Column, event details, Shipping information received by Australia Post

Column, event date and time, Mon 28 Sep • 12:43am

and is being delivered today, so what what happened to the one posted on the 16th hard to work out their system, and of course co-vid was mentioned.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Yet! Son sent me stuff via express post from Riverton SA (100 km outside of CBD) to Dinmore (Ipswich in QLD) . He posted it mid PM on Mon and it arrived on my doorstep next morning!!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Had a parcel reached Australia in February - delivered in July. Had at least 1 parcel delivered to NSW instead of Melbourne. Have 6 parcels currently with 'not found' status etc etc.

Speaking with Post complaints department learnt that there are 10000 packages marked as lost. So we are not alone here .

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-10-20),Landytrack (03-10-20)

Thanks

Someone Fked up big at Couriers Please today.
    I got my delivery I ordered 2 Days ago from 50 KM away.
    Must have been a new guy still learning the ropes. No doubt the old hands will give him the heads up and he will make sure never to deliver anything that quick again.
    The STUNNING thing was the guy parked the truck out the front, WALKED up the 80M Driveway and placed the package near the front step. Normally they look like they are going to drive through the retaining wall and often sit there and blast the horn as they speed write the " Sorry you weren't at home card" before breaking the speed limit as they reverse back onto the street and achieve acceleration from a truck only a courier could do.

I noticed that the couriers please sticker was over a " Sendle" one. Don't know if CP sub for sendle or what but it got here in a timely fashion.

Someone is just going to have their arses kicked for stuffing up and raising customer expectations with efficiency like that!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (03-10-20)

Thanks

And after my " success" yesterday with couriers, back to situation Normal.

Finaly got a package here today over a week late. Been boring it up the seller who has fked me around none the less BUT... seems not his fault after all.

Aus posts own tracking which I wasn't given the number for previously, shows the thing has been at the mail Centre which is in the NEXT surburb, literally 5 Min away, for almost 3 weeks!
    Also shows it's been " Onboard for delivery" 3 times. This was not an item that needed a signature, Post courier left it on the step while I was up the back on the tractor and didn't realise they had been till the dog disappeared and then I saw the van go up the street.

According to the tracking there is 8 days since the item was "recieved and ready for processing" and arrived at the depot in the next Suburb.
    The post courier must have been here 6-8 times in the last 3 weeks between all our Collective purchases. I'm already on a first name basis with the guy and he's only been on the job 6 weeks. Punjab and seems polite, friendly and easy enough to understand. I think the last Guy whom was Ukrainian and terrified of the dog had enough when I set him up when little wallaby came in the front yard one day when he was dropping something off and I told him not to look it in the eye, it was one of those Killer wallabies. Thats why I kept the dog round, to chase them off.

Next week postie tells me he resigned.

My earlier pun about the first 3000Km taking a week and the last 30 KM to your house taking a month was not far out. In this case it would have been the first 40 Km to the depot took 8 days and the last 7 km to the house taking 3 weeks.

What gets me is, if they are so backed up, why have other things arrived Very quickly to on time at worst? Why also was this (small packet, .6 Kg) thing loaded onboard 3 times before it was delivered? If it didn't make it the first day, surely they would leave it on to be at the head of the que the next day?

Ticked off now. I was going to claim a partial Refund and as much as a shonk as I think this seller is anyway, can't in good faith blame him for something I can see was not his doing.
    Thought At least I'd be able to get a partial refund out of it but no luck there.

Pity ozzzzzz Post isn't as accountable and open to financial loss as their customers both ends are. I spose this is to be expected of an organisation that asks staff to Volunteer to clear backlogs rather than pay them or hire more staff.

Spose it could be worse, they could sell it off to private enterprise " So there is competition to reduce prices" and it would go the same way as every other balls up that's followed anything privatised. less service and 500% price rises.
    Electricity anyone?

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (03-10-20)

Thanks

My other missing order turned up. Twice!

Again, pissed off because something was taking far too long to get across Sydney. Complained to seller and they asked if I wanted a refund or the item re sent. I said Refund because experience has taught me once the feedback period expires they never send a thing. That And I was annoyed. 2 days later, no response no refund so I ask what is going on. Seller says they re sent it. I said not what I asked for , I want a refund. Crickets.

Friday, Item turns up. I thought Typical, they didn't send it till I bitched. Took 3 days to get here. Today, another delivery of the same Items.
    Oops. Looks like seller did send First and second one. I believe I got the second one today because it has an express delivery sticker on it. Still makes it 4 working days which I wouldn't exactly call express.

Seems in both cases my distrust was misplaced. Sellers apparently have sent it and the delay has been postage. They must really be banked up although I have still got some things really quick.
    I bought a 3 point tractor hitch the other week which was fairly large and heavy and that turned up from Melbourne in a few days. Got some ink carts and they were a couple of days from 40 Km away.
    Other things seem to take forever and these are not from sellers whom the postage would be going once a week.

If Ozpost is that far behind, clearly they are making plenty of Revenue to be able to afford to put on a heap more staff and get things on track. Probably trying to work their existing staff a lot harder and not worry about the poor service they are providing their customers both ends because all they are wrooied about is keeping the profitability looking good and the CEO getting another Million Dollar Plus Bonus.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Australia Post have said the biggest cause of delays is because they have to keep staff to a minimum... spread apart, to comply with covid distancing rules.

Thanks

While that may have been what they said, does not explain why they wanted staff to Volunteer their time a while back. Everyone is doing it tough but I think it's fair to expect someone like the post to step up and maintain services.
    Puting distancing into place does also not explain why they could not like a lot of other businesses, rent extra warehouses and spread staff out there. Mrs was in charge of doing exactly that where they moved into a temporary premises for 3 months so they could keep functioning at normal capacity. Ended up without the normal distractions and boat anchor staff she left behind, Their KPI's were the best ever achieved.

The 3rd thing that comes to mind is my postie has been snowed under for months and being forced to carry an overload on his bike that previously they were reprimanded for. Now they are reprimanded if they don't. I saw what he was carrying a couple of months back and commented on it. Carrying that much on a little pissant stepthough is just dangerous especially where he has to go to get here.
    Add to the fact he used to load up and go out once a day, now he's having to go back 3 times a day before he runs out of time to go back again. They are not allowed to go out after dark which is fair enough. Additionally, they have CUT staff. We now only get mail every 2nd day and he is driving the courier van on the other day. WAs 2 separate jobs with 2 separate people. Several occasions where they were both here dropping stuff off at once.
    Nothing to stop them putting on more staff to do deliverys which are behind as they would be distanced and obviously the problem is not sorting alone.

There is a lot that can be done if the desire is really there especially in an organisation the size of ozzzzz post.
    Clearly this is a Profit/ greed problem not a china Flu one.