Thread: LG FB165DAB Stereo

Thanks

Default LG FB165DAB Stereo

Hi there Guys,

I am looking at an LG stereo FB65DAB for a friend and the dvd/cd player is not working.
    Opening the unit and checking it looks to be a laser. I get one via ebay SOH-DL5FL but the unit is doing the same thing.
    The laser moves up and down trying to focus and moves up and down but comes up as no disc.
    The other problem is that the laser came without the solder one the transport protective pads. So I don't know if that has damaged the laser in transport.

I tried checking on the board for focus, tracking and RF test points but I can't seem to find them as maybe they are electronically done within the cd processor.
    Just wondering if anyone out their has had experience with these units or even have the service manual to help me out....

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
    aarty

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

You might find some information at the jordansmanuals dot com website. They stock some LG manuals.

Manualslib is another site to try.

You can also contact LG Australia (assuming that you are in Australia).

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

aarty (13-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks Tristen...

You're a champ. I have been searching on the internet for 2 days and I could only find the Operation Manual.
    The jordan link had it.....
    I'm from Australia and did try LG via live chat probably in another country. They told me to take it to a repairer.
    So just cut the chat short as I couldn't be bothered.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
    aarty

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

poke your scope into the signal path and make sure its showing the right stuff (ons & offs )and no noise , processors do not like noise

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarty View Post
    Hi there Guys,

I am looking at an LG stereo FB65DAB for a friend and the dvd/cd player is not working.
    Opening the unit and checking it looks to be a laser. I get one via ebay SOH-DL5FL but the unit is doing the same thing.
    The laser moves up and down trying to focus and moves up and down but comes up as no disc.
    The other problem is that the laser came without the solder one the transport protective pads. So I don't know if that has damaged the laser in transport.

I tried checking on the board for focus, tracking and RF test points but I can't seem to find them as maybe they are electronically done within the cd processor.
    Just wondering if anyone out their has had experience with these units or even have the service manual to help me out....

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
    aarty
    A couple of questions:
    1. If you wind the traverse mechanism all the way out, does it return to the home position before conducting a focus search?
    2. Can you see the DVD LED light up?
    3. Does the spindle motor attempt to turn at all?
    4. Does the spindle motor spin freely?
    5. Did you just buy the laser assembly, or the whole deck?

I have a service manual for an FB-163 which I believe is similar, but without the DAB+ radio feature. Let me know if you need it.
    As an aside, sometimes the flat flex cable can cause such troubles. Maybe bell it out to ensure continuity is good.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov