Thread: Gorbtrack sat lists

Thanks

Default Gorbtrack sat lists

Hi All,

I haven't touched a dish in 11 years, so I'll call myself a newbie again. I'm sick of staring at my old 90cm sitting outside, and figure it's time to do something with it - though my gear is old. I have a mid-2000s vintage Strong receiver, and an old Motec that by some miracle still appears to work.
    I see Gorbtrack hasn't had much love while I've been gone - I recall it being pretty damned useful last time I ever tried to get set up.

Does anyone have a remotely updated satellite list that would work with it by any chance? The last list I have is 2003 vintage, so I don't care to manually be updating something that old if I can avoid it.
    No particular thing I'm trying to achieve now. I once used to enjoy feed hunting, but I really don't have much clue whats up there these days (I suspect not much, and even less that a non-HD receiver will handle).

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

You don't state where you are located, so it's a little difficult for members to answer definitively.

Regardless of location, there's not much free-to-air stuff these days as most (if not all) providors have encrypted their streams.

Standards have also changed with DVBS updated to DVBS2, which means that an old DVBS receiver will not resolve DVBS2 signals.

Lyngsat is best for updated info. regarding satellite signals.

More info is required, but don't get too excited.
    Last edited by tristen; 12-10-20 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks

Sorry, didn't realise that my profile had completely dumped everything..

I'm in Victoria.
    There wasn't that much FTA a decade ago either (religious and foreign language withstanding). I don't necessarily mind finding a more recent receiver if there's anything worth receiving any more.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticds View Post
    ....I'm in Victoria.
    I don't necessarily mind finding a more recent receiver if there's anything worth receiving any more.
    Check the lyngsat dot com website, Free TV - Australia, and make your decision based on what's available. (ABC, SBS, 7, 9 and 10 networks).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    available. (ABC, SBS, 7, 9 and 10 networks).
    For the free to air (FTA) Nine network, ABC and SBS you'd need an DVB S2x receiver to receive Multi Stream. The 2000 vintage Strong would be better placed in a Museum In a nutshell Optus D2 has mostly holy rollers and foreign language, D3/Optus10, shopping channel, Aljazeera, TRT and a few ABC's, Intelsat 19 French 24, Euronews, RT News, and the Nine network, rest of FTA are non English. Optus D1 ABC's and SBS's whole national networks..

Thanks

Cool thanks. Mainly interested in feed hunting.. still seems to be a thing though not so much to grab. I'll replace the receiver.. probably with a sat finder that can actually show me the feed and supports Diseq at this stage given it's really not aimed at recreational TV watching, and I have no issues with FTA.

No surprises that there's still plenty of holy roller stuff floating around. Good for checking signal quality between birds I guess.. (if I don't get struck by lightning while it's on).