Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gladys in strife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Gladys in strife

A defiant Gladys Berejiklian is staring down any threats to her leadership, saying her secret five-year relationship with a disgraced MP accused of corruption had no influence on her decisions as NSW Premier.
    Ms Berejiklian ruled out resigning on Monday after telling a corruption hearing that she was in a "close, personal relationship" from just after the 2015 state election with former Wagga Wagga MP Daryl Maguire.
    see

I don't know a lot about Daryl Maguire, but this bloke deserves a medal if it turns out he's been screwing Gladys Berejiklian.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Keith (14-10-20)

3. Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Sadly, you are right. Shudder!!!!

Has she actually done anything wrong? Has he been actually found guilty of anything?

Still, the mud will stick. It's a pity, she did pretty well through the pandemic after Brad Hazard f*cked up the Poxy Princess matter.....IMO anyway.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (13-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It's a pity, she did pretty well through the pandemic after Brad Hazard f*cked up the Poxy Princess matter
    And the irony is that if she goes it will probably be Hazzard who becomes premier.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

she does seem like a nice genuine person , but after watching the news and seeing the text messages between her and McGuire there is no doubt she knows more than she is letting on. The problem here is she knows how politics works and what the outcome would be if she got busted , and she has been busted!!! There will be investigation after investigation to get to the bottom of all decisions that both of them had any influence on.... and the opposition wont let up on this matter until she is booted out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    she does seem like a nice genuine person , but after watching the news and seeing the text messages between her and McGuire there is no doubt she knows more than she is letting on. The problem here is she knows how politics works and what the outcome would be if she got busted , and she has been busted!!! There will be investigation after investigation to get to the bottom of all decisions that both of them had any influence on.... and the opposition wont let up on this matter until she is booted out.
    I reckon she has to go. Her own code of ministerial conduct has been breached it seems.....

It's a shame, because I think she's the best premier in the country....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (13-10-20),Landytrack (14-10-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    .... and the opposition wont let up on this matter until she is booted out.
    When she is booted out only when Andrews is Booted out. At least She did not kill anyone.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

ffs that all they did so wheres the crime thousands do "it" every day and everyone needs to have a bit before they die just to know what life was meant to be before everyone gets into your business , leave it alone , the bedroom is a place of pleasure not crap thats for the toilet ????

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-10-20),eaglem (13-10-20),Landytrack (14-10-20)

Thanks

I will gladly see her coming to Victoria and booting Dan.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

She is better than that Hazzard fool but unfortunately she has to fall on her sword (not Daryl Maguire sword because she has fallen on that sword a few times)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    She is better than that Hazzard fool but unfortunately she has to fall on her sword (not Daryl Maguire sword because she has fallen on that sword a few times)
    Whats she got to do with Maguire?

Thanks

Whats she got to do with Maguire?
    Well to use her own words, she's been in a close personal relationship with him, that usually means she's been rooting him.

Rooting usually involves some pillow talk, but in this case she tossed him out of parliament because of his suspicious business dealings that the present corruption inquiry is dealing with.

She maintained a relationship with him including discussions of his business dealings, over the phone. It's these discussions that have come to light in the inquiry, and the big question, so far unanswered, is how much did she know about his crooked dealings, and why did she not report her knowledge to the appropriate authorities?

Obviously enough got out for her to toss him out of parliament, how much more is there that she knew about, that she did nothing about?

My thoughts are, probably a lot, and she will probably loose her job because of this.

We already have members of her party appearing on the news to say how great she is and they are standing by her. Usually that means they are holding a big knife behind their back, ready to stab her as soon as the situations is suitable for them to step into her position.

Just watched an interview with Andrew Constance, on TV where he was doing just that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (14-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Well to use her own words, she's been in a close personal relationship with him, that usually means she's been rooting him.

Sorry, my bad...wrong person I was thinking of. Dunno why, I was thinking of Mike Gallacher...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Rooting usually involves some pillow talk, but in this case she tossed him out of parliament because of his suspicious business dealings that the present corruption inquiry is dealing with.

She.
    You'd better be careful Roger, or you might be rooted. too. Fancy making those allegations without piccies.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

fromaron (13-10-20),hinekadon (14-10-20)

Thanks

If she survives till Monday she will survive to be still the NSW Premier but I dont think she will survive after he gets called up to speak to ICAC. On another note I like he nose, I would like to get a ribbon tape and measure it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    On another note I like the nose
    It's called a Roman nose , because it's Roamin all over her face. I can't stand it, and it's why I said Daryl Maguire deserves a medal. Fancy seeing that while on the job, fair makes my stomach churn.

Thanks

Daryl Maguire is due to face the ICAC inquiry on Wednesday. Depending on how aggrieved he is about being tossed out of parliament and then being thrown over by Gladys, he may well throw her under the bus. Let's wait and see.

My prediction, she will soon be gone and Dominic Perrottet, Brad Hazzard and Andrew Constance will line up for her job.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 13-10-20 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I don't think she will go... although anything is possible in politics, some pollie was sacked for excepting a bottle of wine.. (I can't remember who)
    She has done a great job in NSW controlling covid19. It all depends on what Maguire says in the enquiry coming up.
    If he spills the beans to save his ass then it's possible she could go..

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yesterday, even some ALP luminaries like Graham Richardson were staying she should stay....

I reckon it comes down to what is said today, although I still think she should resign. We can't keep having a string of politicians changing the "ministerial standards" only to then defy them...I know they've all done it, but it sucks.

In Victoria, Daniel Andrews HAS NO ministerial standards, and if he and his government did, would they remember them?

Thanks

Yesterday, even some ALP luminaries like Graham Richardson were staying she should stay....
    Graham Richardson would have to be the biggest prick to ever have been a politician. I remember him landing in Ravenshoe in Nth Qld and nearly being lynched by the forestry workers, unfortunately the police rescued him and sent him on his way, pity. Then there was the time when a corrupt businessman bought him a girl, without a brain in her head, for the night, on the gold coast. All came out in a corruption inquiry in Qld years ago. The man is a complete slug.

But if he says she should stay, she should go.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (14-10-20),VroomVroom (15-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Graham Richardson would have to be the biggest prick to ever have been a politician. I remember him landing in Ravenshoe in Nth Qld and nearly being lynched by the forestry workers, unfortunately the police rescued him and sent him on his way, pity. Then there was the time when a corrupt businessman bought him a girl, without a brain in her head, for the night, on the gold coast. All came out in a corruption inquiry in Qld years ago. The man is a complete slug.

But if he says she should stay, she should go.
    Hhahaaha...at least your consistant. I don't see anything illegal there, but hey, knock yourself out. A bit like your ludicrous assessment of Mathias Cormann.

If you say she should go, then she should DEFINITELY stay.