Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gladys in strife

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post

Pollies can't even take a crap without someone reporting on it. They do get paid better than the average Joe, but, considering they are running a "company" with a budget and "workforce" many times larger than most CEO's they get paid a pittance for doing so. I could rant on like this for hours, but I shall leave the rest to your own imagination.
    I agree with your point in principal, however, I would say the same applies as I say about forever whining Truck Drivers.
    No one is holding a gun to their head to do it. Like Truck drivers, if they don't like what the job entails, go do something else. People with the qualifications to be a Pollie have a lot more avenues open to them than the Truckwits so there is even less excuse.

They are there because they not only want to be, they worked hard to be there. Not saying there isn't a LOT of drawbacks but again, no one is forcing them to do it .
    If it's too hard or too invasive or whatever, they can go do something else. In this case, most would agree, better paid and better conditions although maybe less perks.

A problem I see is that sometimes decent people get caught up in the quagmire of Politics and they have to sink into the cesspit it is. They might be decent people but who the fk can tell? The nature of the beast requires them to sling shit at others whom might also be decent people and rub shoulders with a lot whom are clearly scum, idiots and shouldn't be leading a Bowls team let alone a gubbermint department. They also have a lot of pressure from less than noble private companies and big business all with an agenda and most have to think of what they are going to do after politics which also adds pressure on them to tow certain lines.

They may get into it with the best of intentions but You can't swim in shit without some of it getting in your hair.

Thanks

Disgraced former Liberal MP Daryl Maguire has said he understood Premier Gladys Berejiklian "did not want to know" some of the detail of his allegedly corrupt business dealings.
    Mr Maguire told the Independent Commission Against Corruption he regularly refrained from telling Ms Berejiklian "too much detail" when they were in a relationship and agreed with her in a 2017 phone call when she said, "I don't need to know that bit."
    see

Seems clear cut to me was aware some of his stuff was shady, but would rather not know, doesn't exactly ring of the actions of an honest politician.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    see

Seems clear cut to me was aware some of his stuff was shady, but would rather not know, doesn't exactly ring of the actions of an honest politician.
    Thats pretty funny mate....name me an honest politician.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-10-20)

Thanks

Well there are a few on the list, however you are correct in that no Australians are included.

see

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

allover (19-10-20),Mr 672A (26-10-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. As to pollies wages, they might be more than the average Joe, but any good businessmen would not look twice at politics for the ROI unless there were advantage to be had. i.e. corruption.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

As to pollies wages, they might be more than the average Joe, but any good businessmen would not look twice at politics for the ROI unless there were advantage to be had. i.e. corruption.
    Years ago there was a time when local and state government politicians just received expenses and a small meeting fee, they met in the evening after they had finished their regular work for the day. The notion was public service, doing your best to serve your community. That idea seems to have disappeared.

Finally, and on a different note, what has happened to DB44, fully expecting him to pop in to tell me what and idiot I am.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 17-10-20 at 07:46 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-10-20)

Thanks

Premier Gladys Berejiklian has been sitting on a proposal to create a parliamentary investigator to examine complaints of misconduct by MPs since 2017, when it was put to her directly by the speakers of both houses of Parliament.
    The position was first proposed by the Independent Commission Against Corruption in 2013 and won bipartisan support when it was the subject of two parliamentary inquiries a year later.
    In late 2017, directly to Ms Berejiklian's office by then Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Shelley Hancock, and the current President of the Legislative Council, John Ajaka.
    It outlined their view that such a watchdog - rebranded as a "compliance officer" - was needed to bring a new level of scrutiny to behaviour of politicians.
    see

Wonder why she didn't act on these recommendations?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Years ago there was a time when local and state government politicians just received expenses and a small meeting fee, they met in the evening after they had finished their regular work for the day. The notion was public service, doing your best to serve your community. That idea seems to have disappeared.

Finally, and on a different note, what has happened to DB44, fully expecting him to pop in to tell me what and idiot I am.
    Agreed, again, different times, and back then, only those who could afford to spend the time on such "projects" did so. Unfortunately, now, politics is seen as "lucrative job" by those who have little interest in the community. Instead of "government of the people, for the people, by the people" (sorry 'bout that), government has become a business that, to the masses, seems to pay well. In real business, only the best candidates get a chance to interview for a job and, if they don't perform, are usually replaced. If they do perform, they normally have security of tenure. Politics, OTOH, is seen as a "no qualifications needed", well paid, money for jam, job by the unwashed masses. Realistically, what we should all be doing is voting for a board to employ the best person for the job, much in the same way as public companies are run. All the board should do, then, would be to meet to ensure that the job is being done properly.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-10-20),eaglem (19-10-20),gulliver (21-10-20),RogerTheDoger (18-10-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

see

I still think that she should fall on her sword, well at least she should fall on her nose

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. As to pollies wages, they might be more than the average Joe, but any good businessmen would not look twice at politics for the ROI unless there were advantage to be had. i.e. corruption.
    Pay won't fix anything. The same liars will just get more.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys?

You feed monkeys caviar and all you get is fat monkeys.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-10-20),Uncle Fester (19-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    ..............................well at least she should fall on her nose
    She'd only fall 45°, go 'boing' and be stuck.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-10-20),gulliver (21-10-20),Mr 672A (20-10-20),Uncle Fester (19-10-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Geez Enf, i can't disagree with any thing you have said, i'm getting bored again
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-10-20),enf (19-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Big fat, ugly, pimpled keyboard posters judging female politicians.. What does that tell you?... hairy fisted knuckle shufflers? or just sub-par intelligence?..

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Big fat, ugly, pimpled keyboard posters judging female politicians.. What does that tell you?... hairy fisted knuckle shufflers? or just sub-par intelligence?..
    Who you calling fat

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-10-20)

Thanks

Now we have Mark Latham putting the boot in to poor Gladys.
    One Nation leader Mark Latham has told NSW Parliament that disgraced former MP Daryl Maguire had a key to Gladys Berejiklian's north shore home for many years and the pair co-habited.

In upper house question time on Thursday, Mr Latham said the Premier had maintained "she's a very private person", despite giving recent interviews to a "newspaper gossip writer and Kyle Sandilands".
    Premier Gladys Berejiklian and former MP, Daryl Maguire.

"Given that Daryl Maguire had a key to the Premier's north shore home for many years, and while cohabitating came and went as he liked as recently as last month, doesn't this demonstrate an intimate personal relationship and the Premier's failure under the ministerial code of conduct to declare all of Daryl Maguire's business interests," Mr Latham asked.
    see

EDIT
    Berejiklian has said she did nothing wrong and did not assist him in any way to achieve these deals. She said she believed his business interests were appropriately disclosed.

But there has been ongoing speculation about the nature of the relationship. Under the NSW ministerial code ministers must disclose the interests of those with whom they have an “intimate personal relationship”.
    see
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 22-10-20 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks

Seems to me that Glady's Likesaticklin is pretty well down the list of people that should be making headlines and have people calling for her resignatio. When Chairman IncompetentCrunt Andrews and Anasticia Stayaway are still wreaking havoc on the country let alone the state, would be doing a far greater good to get rid of them first in my book.

Andrews should be arrested, given a fair trial then shot and Pluckachook should just be thrown out with no ongoing benefits for being in a job she is so out of her depth in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Seems to me that Glady's Likesaticklin is pretty well down the list of people that should be making headlines and have people calling for her resignatio. When Chairman IncompetentCrunt Andrews and Anasticia Stayaway are still wreaking havoc on the country let alone the state, would be doing a far greater good to get rid of them first in my book.

Andrews should be arrested, given a fair trial then shot and Pluckachook should just be thrown out with no ongoing benefits for being in a job she is so out of her depth in.
    Sounds like a bit of political bias there George, why?

Thanks

Sounds like a bit of political bias there George, why?
    None at all.
    I don't have any particular like for Gladys, I think her and her Gubbermint have made some piss poor decisions but that's par for the course and the expected level of incompetence in a Pollie.
    That said, She has not damaged the country and negatively affected Millions of People Like Dictator Dan and Pluckachook whom have gone on a power trip like never seen before and done Damage that I sure the true extent won't be allowed to come to light in the next decade if that.

Even if she knew all about her toy boys shonky business dealing, it's a nothing impact in reality. What the other 2 are STILL doing is another game all together let alone another level.
    The people would be better served 100X over by the powers that be giving the other 2 incompetents the flick before they worried about Likesaticklin. She should probably go but to piss her off and leave the other 2 in power would be insanity.

You can try and predictably twist this to a partisan thing but to do that would be nothing short of shoving ones head up ones arse in trying to deny the undeniable.

Gladys is a tadpole compared to a Whale in incompetence and treachery compared to the other 2.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (23-10-20),RogerTheDoger (23-10-20)

Thanks

Almost two-thirds of voters support NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and believe she should not resign over her relationship with disgraced former MP Daryl Maguire, but an even greater majority admit her reputation has been damaged by the scandal.

After a tumultuous fortnight for the Premier, an exclusive Ipsos poll for the Herald and Nine News shows Ms Berejiklian has an approval rating of 64 per cent, with only 16 per cent of voters disapproving of her.
    see

Looks like she will survive, unless something completely damning come out, or one of he collages knifes her in the back, both of which seem unlikely at this stage of the inquiry.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

see

Looks like she will survive, unless something completely damning come out, or one of he collages knifes her in the back, both of which seem unlikely at this stage of the inquiry.
    Well she got the FULL SUPPORT of the PM but what I would like to know if the big Nose was LABOR will she get the FULL SUPPORT of the PM then?

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (26-10-20)

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast