Thread: TCON part number problem for Dick Smaith GE6804

Thanks

Default TCON part number problem for Dick Smaith GE6804

I have Dick Smith GE6804 (AWA MHDV3720). I am trying to find a correct TCON board but I ran into some interesting issues, so here are details.
    My TCON board number is V370B1-C01, but there are several PART numbers under same V370B1-C01 (I thought all same board number are same but not so, different PART numbers)
    Bar code on back of my TCON is M$35-D034131-L$CP3049D00L00, thus my part number is 35-D034131.

As far as I can tell V370B1-C01 belongs to CHIMEI LED display.

I found few sellers of V370B1-C01, and found a different PART number, 35-D034407. Board almost look same except for a color dot on small chip, some white and some yellow, Mine is yellow. A seller asked for color but others say color does not matter. Based on photos, it seem white dot belongs with 35-D034407, and yellow dot with 35-D034131, So does dot color matter??

Now the confusion begins.......

I contacted 35-D034407 sellers, some say it will work, some say it will NOT work cus different PART number (but no other explanations).
    One 35-D034407 seller at first said it will work, then after I pressed with details, now says it will NOT work cus different part number, and will not offer anymore explanation.
    Other 35-D034407 seller says there are interchangeable, as long as it is V370B1-C01 board.

So the question is..
    1. Will 35-D034407 work in place of 35-D034131?
    2. If not exact fit then what is risk of using 35-D034407 ? Again. board layout look 99% same.
    3. Just a curious question. Why different part numbers under same board number, V370B1-C01? It all for ChiMei display anyway..(I think??)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

send this mob an email it seems like its the right one being a tricky dicky tv
    module

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

wotnot (16-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    module

I already contacted them, NO help.
    BTW they have the most expensive TCON prices. at least what I am looking for.

So can you answer the most pertinent question?
    Will either part numbers (35-D034407 or 35-D034131) work, as long same TCON board number (V370B1-C01)?
    Or different part numbers will damage the LCD panel or not work at all?
    Just a guess but board look the same so it should work, Maybe different part numbers refer to some small thing (??) but overall will still work?
    BTW both part numbers are for ChiMei LCD panel.

Thanks

Based on 1 reply and over 70 views, I assume NOBODY here can answer my question. I find that rather depressing. I thought some would jump at answering my question. My question was a GOOD question.
    So let me share what I learned so far and I will move on.
    Moderator can delete this topic if they want, makes no difference to me.

Apparently there are different part numbers on same TCON board, and sellers have NO clue what they are selling. Sellers and "experts" on forums will say anything until pressed more with more pointed and clarifying questions , as I have done, then they all start to back peddle.

I got anything from doesn't matter as long as same TCON board number, to IF part numbers do not match, it will burn and blow up LCD screen.

Some sellers swear by color dot on small chip, and others say it doesn't matter....(if colors do not mean anything why color the chips?? well these people can not answer that question..LOL)

Some say as long as connectors match, it does not matter part number as long as same TCON board number.

Anyway I think my point here is very clear. People just do NOT know as much as they like to think the know.....which BTW is a SAD commentary.

Funny, few sellers got angry with me for keep asking questions, finally told me either to buy or not. To which I replied how can decide when SELLERS (who are experts) can not give me the information to decide.

I am moving on, sorry to waste this forums time with my topic.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    module

You have to laugh ~ it's a cheap chinese knockoff teevee that I can find 4 or 5 different brandings for, and the set itself is something like a decade old, and they're turning up on the gumtree trash resellers and in the E-waste bin at local tips.

If it were a paying job on my workbench, I'd be doing the owner a BIG favour by telling them to buy a new set, and sell the DS-GE6804 on ebay/gumtree as 'parts only', and possibly recoup some cost of the new set.

Such as it, the OP's throwing a wobbly, and that's fine ~ I have customers do the same thing face to face, but you gotta be fisted with facts, not useless feelings.

Typically speaking, rule of thumb, if a device like this is sold, multiply rebranded in AU, then better than 95% of the time it got sold in the UK as well ; why? Same household power type, same teevee broadcasting spec, no need to change hardware, just rebrand it, box it, ship&sell.

So when the OP has done as said, which is something like this -> ...you get to parse the results.

Surprise, surprise, there's your UK listings for the same set, and also a couple out of china (these may be returned units that went back for refurb after warranty failure)...whatever. but you can see the prices -- actually, the first listing @ $79.95 is mxmee reselling the part on the website for $49.95 at an ebay markup =)

It happens that, for whatever reason, the owner *really* wants a repair attempt made, and all you can give them is the truth --- the part is no longer available new, you can do a $20~$30 'speculative' repair by buying one of those boards found from CN or the UK, but you're not 100% sure they will work, because they weren't sold in sets for the AU market, and in that respect I'd feel better speculating the $50 part buy from mxmee, just *because* it's from an AU market device.

When the diligent customer asks 'why can't you be 100% sure?', most of the time with these cheap knockoff rebrands, the actual documentation...if it exists at all...is held by the ODM, in CN...and is written in chinese =)

After that, I try to resell the BIG favour to them, as I really do have their best interests at heart

It is what it is.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

ammlione (20-10-20)