Thread: Vodafone coverage, real world.

Thanks

Default Vodafone coverage, real world.

Got an email from iinet this week advising that they are switching there mobile service from optus to vodafone, last time i used voda was in the mid 90's so have no idea what they are like now.
    Anyone use them now and are happy with their service and coverage ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I wouldn't use them in country vic. Melb might be ok. If I want the best coverage then Telstra is the go. Woolies etc don't get full network access even though they say they use Telstra network. Optus and the 2nd tier co's that use them get the full service so I'm with one of those. Pretty good coverage generally and only a few times I've not had coverage where I would have with Telstra.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I wouldn't use them in country vic. Melb might be ok. If I want the best coverage then Telstra is the go. Woolies etc don't get full network access even though they say they use Telstra network. Optus and the 2nd tier co's that use them get the full service so I'm with one of those. Pretty good coverage generally and only a few times I've not had coverage where I would have with Telstra.
    Coverage map shows good coverage for Melbourne Metro and i dont expect good service when i go bush but the rural coverage doesnt look great.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Sucks for us, we're right in the middle of a vodafone free zone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I went from Voda To Amaysim (Optus) and it was the best thing I have done in ages.
    Couldn't get reception for shit at my fathers place with voda, optus is no problem. Dad was with Telstra and I changed him to Amaysim and he said he gets far less problems as well. was the same here, you would have to go outside, find a spot and not breathe in order to get reception. Daughter was with telstra and same thing. Went to amaysim and everything works as it should with never a problem.
    Any telco can have good coverage in the city, it's when you get out of it that the test applies.

Not to put too fine a point on it but I wouldn't Piss on Voda and I was a customer for a long time.