Thread: Nighthawk 4.0: A restored open source arcade game, Requesting alpha testers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Nighthawk 4.0: A restored open source arcade game, Requesting alpha testers

Hi All,

I hope this isn't a bad area to post. I figured this is an area where users familiar with compilers and shells can be found.

I have restored an open source X-Windows arcade game I wrote in the 1990s called Nighthawk, which is based on a Commodore 64 game called Paradroid. Below are some demonstration videos of this game:

During this game's restoration, it has been modernised to use OpenGL and OpenAL libraries. Before I unleash this restored game to the public, I would like a handful of people to test it. Requirements for testers are:

Linux users (and possibly OS/X users) only need to be able to pull down required libraries using their favourite software manager and have basic shell command skills (ie: running cmake and make commands). This should build pretty easy on your system (fingers crossed).

Windows developers: This game has not been ported to Windows yet, but it should be pretty easy. I was intending for this to happen further down the track. But if you're a C/C++ Windows developer and would like to scope the effort required for a port, then contact me.

This game has been developed using these library versions. Consider them minimum requirements. For versions less than specified, mileage may vary:

- gcc and g++ (Version 7)
    - cmake 3.13.4
    - glibc 2.28 (pthreads and maths library)
    - pkg-config 0.29.1
    - libpng 1.6.36
    - OpenGL/GLU 1.3
    - FreeGLUT 3.2.1
    - Ogg Vorbis 1.3.6
    - OpenAL 1.19.1

PM me if you're interested in helping

Cheers J
    Last edited by bodeplot; 19-10-20 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Video links not displaying. Converted to txt links

2. Look Here ->