Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it in the blood?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Reached snoring stage......sorry.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-10-20),RogerTheDoger (24-10-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

My father was a German and had to fight on the nazi side in WW2.
    He was also 1/8 Jewish.
    I only exist because of a Russian vacuum tube.

So RTD what do you think of that ?
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

DB44 (25-10-20),enf (25-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Surprised no one has commented on the Prussian assumption.

Think of the dark ages and the Goths and Vandals. I'm exploring a particular nasty inherited trait of a race of people who caused mayhem throughout Europe in the dark ages, were of Germanic origin came from the location of the later Prussian empire which were characterised by authoritarianism and superiority, which later became the Nazi party of Germany.

We now have authoriatian, superiority espousing individuals in federal parliament some of whom we know have their roots from this group above. I'm wondering if the others do also? They certainly exhibit the same traits.
    Who would have thought it. Roger's a racist!

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

george65 (25-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Surprised no one has commented on the Prussian assumption.
    Another assumption so devoid of any merit or credibility it was not worth wasting ones time on.
    Not really surprised you couldn't figure that out for yourself though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Who would have thought it. Roger's a racist!
    I think that was already well confirmed here in the first and subsequent posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I think that was already well confirmed here in the first and subsequent posts.
    True George. I was deluding myself that it might have been an abberation. Most people stop when they realise they're digging a deeper hole for themselves. Roger just keeps going!

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

george65 (25-10-20)

Thanks

Looks like it's easier to attack me than discuss the proposition I floated. Yes I am a fool for even thinking that there were people here who enjoyed a debate.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

Looks like it's easier to attack me than discuss the proposition I floated. Yes I am a fool for even thinking that there were people here who enjoyed a debate.
    [for mods -- this meant kindly but very OT]

I'm pretty sure you're in the 'wrong' type of forum mate ~ it's right there in front of your glassies --> Austech - Australian Technology Discussion Forum

I've not be here for long, but long enough to have observed most members have a/some technology experience/interest of one kind or another, and we share that experience/interest with others to help and/or debate various technologies.

Like most forums, there are also 'general' or 'off-topic' areas, for members to discuss other things *outside* the main premise/focus on the forum itself -- to date, I've not seen you post anything 'as aligned' with the forum intent. Instead, if a 'new' member joined this forum today, and looked at -your- posting activity to this forum, they will see the same thing - nothing remotely technical in your posts, and it appears you have some axe to grind about Nazis....and I'm not making it up ; look at your own activity profile.

You should be able to find some other public forum with other members wishing to debate your fixation with neo-nazism, but at risk of stating the obvious, that place isn't here ; I think you've proven that much for yourself ; move on mate =^)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (25-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Oh Dear...the "proposition you floated" is scientifically, socially and historically absurd....ALL of us realise this.

We have enough discussion on arguable posits to keep anyone busy...

To quote your own words from the equally absurd Mathias Cormann thread...slightly modified to reflect what we see from you

He looks like a Racist, he talks like a Racist, he behaves like a Racist....

That's it from me on this matter....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (26-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're in the 'wrong' type of forum mate ~ it's right there in front of your glassies --> Austech - Australian Technology Discussion Forum
    That is the name of the site, this particular section is labeled
    Forum: General Chat
    This is our main forum. Please don't advertise or post threads which have topics related to another forum on the board.
    Hence the Jokes thread and all the others which have nothing to do with anything technical. (If I got that wrong a mod will tell us, probably)

However your comment
    You should be able to find some other public forum with other members wishing to debate your fixation with neo-nazism, but at risk of stating the obvious, that place isn't here ; I think you've proven that much for yourself ; move on mate =^)
    seems appropriate considering the personal attacks I'm receiving for trying to discuss the attitude and behaviour of a few members of parliament.

I tried linking these to the background of some of them, in the hope that others would join the discussion to either prove of disprove the tenuous link I made. Instead all I got was name calling, insults and being told I got it wrong.

I may well have it wrong, but no one has come up with anything to show why or what the right answer is.

But nothing alters the fact that the behaviour and attitude of those four members of Parliament, Michaelia Cash, Mathias Cormann, Eric Abetz and Peter Dutton comes across very similar to that of . Born to rule, superior to the rest of us and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    That's it from me on this matter....
    Thanks. (But you are tempted to come back and have the last word, surly )

Thanks

But nothing alters the fact that the behaviour and attitude of those four members of Parliament, Michaelia Cash, Mathias Cormann, Eric Abetz and Peter Dutton comes across very similar to that of . Born to rule, superior to the rest of us and so on.

Stop, just please stop Roger.
    This is getting fking embarrassing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

DB44 (25-10-20)

Thanks

I tried linking these to the background of some of them, in the hope that others would join the discussion to either prove of disprove the tenuous link I made. Instead all I got was name calling, insults and being told I got it wrong.
    Roger, try to make a stronger link and people might see a room for debate.

As pointed out out by many your posts so far have nothing but weak assumptions without much logic behind. Usually posts like these have no food for debating accept name calling.

I am also would be interested to know your real age. "Old enough" didn't cut for me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (26-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Roger, try to make a stronger link and people might see a room for debate.
    Thanks, but I think I'm pissing into the wind with this one, I'll give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    I am also would be interested to know your real age. "Old enough" didn't cut for me.
    I'm a well retired mature age science graduate with an original background in electronics. I refrain from commenting in the 'electronics' forums because I've been out of that area for many years and am rusty, however I do shudder at some of the completely incorrect statements made by some, but am not sufficiently current to offer a completely correct answer.

However thanks for the civil reply.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

OK Here is a discussion of your proposal:

My uncle was a Nuclear Physicist. Did I inherit his intelligence?...Nope. Why you ask?

Because he had no blood ties to me at all. He was an outsider who married my father's sister.

To say someone's uncle, great uncle, grandfather or whatever can magically endow you with the same characteristics even though you likely have no blood/genetic link is a tad absurd.
    Last edited by mandc; 26-10-20 at 07:44 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-10-20)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12