Thread: Bosch 2000 Alarmed state

Thanks

Default Bosch 2000 Alarmed state

I have a Bosch 2000 with PIRs on 5 zones. I wanted to check how the system was wired prior to making some changes, so entered installer mode and opened the housing. This was clearly a mistake and triggered the tamper alarm. (Previously I had opened it, triggered the tamper alarm, then entered my master code to turn it off. I mistakenly assumed entering installer code would prevent this).

Since then, the unit is in this state:

- Zone 8 flashing (no PIRs or doors are connected to zone 8)
    - OFF flashing

If I attempt to enter the installer code (for example, to reprogram the siren to be a shorter time) the siren triggers again for 5 minutes.

What's the best procedure to get the system out of this zone 8 flashing state, and back to a state where I can again enter the installer code to reconfigure aspects of the system? Trying things and setting off a siren for 5 minutes is getting old!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You have very good neighbors that tolerated with your 5mins siren nonsense.
    Power down entire system, pull the cables for siren and screamer. Then you have all the time you want to muck around.

Somehow i think your problem originate from zone 8. You say nothing connected, but flashing. I think you messed up the program location.
    Also turn off the onboard tamper. Looks like it's doing you more harm than good.

• The Following User Says Thank You to joelau007 For This Useful Post:

do900 (24-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joelau007 View Post
    Power down entire system, pull the cables for siren and screamer. Then you have all the time you want to muck around.
    Sounds like a good plan. I was concerned that the siren might have external power than go indefinitely if I did. Seems unlikely though, and killing power and removing the battery connections should silence it all?

I see the screamer attached to Relay NO, and some other wires on outputs 1 and 3 (from photos I took previously) but from the photos I can see where they run.

Thanks

I have only seen 2 types of Bosch sirens, the traditional box with blue light, and the streamline type. Both these pull power from the panel. Unless you have something really weird.

Thinking again, zone 8 DEFAULT is 24hr tamper zone. Did you accidentally factory default the panel and forgot to change zone 8 to NA since you're not using it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joelau007 View Post
    I have only seen 2 types of Bosch sirens, the traditional box with blue light, and the streamline type. Both these pull power from the panel. Unless you have something really weird.

Thinking again, zone 8 DEFAULT is 24hr tamper zone. Did you accidentally factory default the panel and forgot to change zone 8 to NA since you're not using it.
    My best guess is that whilst in installer mode the tamper alarm triggered. I entered the master code, but had not exited installer mode. Pretty hard to say what may have been reprogrammed, but my read is Tamper (Zone 8) was opened without being cleared given I can't enter the master code.

The buttons on the keypad aren't beeping. I'll try pulling all power and see what state the system boots up in (without siren).

Thanks

I think you need a security tech to sort now.
    Should of tried bypassing zone 8 first. Depending on how programmed.

Arm then disarm may clear fault if zone is now sealed.
    Last edited by secure; 25-10-20 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    I think you need a security tech to sort now.
    Should of tried bypassing zone 8 first. Depending on how programmed.

Arm then disarm may clear fault if zone is now sealed.
    For anyone reading in the future, experiencing anything like this, solved by:

• Disconnecting battery + AC power definitely shut the system down
    • Removed all audible outputs, power back up
    • After some investigating, looks like the system factory reset itself despite me never pushing the physical reset nor killing all power to it before
    • Reset zone configurations and all is good again.