Thread: WiFi 6 (802.11AX Bridge/extender success?

Banned
    Thanks

Smile WiFi 6 (802.11AX Bridge/extender success?

Hi All. I have Verizon FIOS Gigabit here in NYC and I don't have the option to cable Ethernet from my closet where my ONT box & router are. I rented their Extender which was supposed to have a WiFi 6 (AX) backhaul network to bridge full speed Gig to my office and after 12 calls to them, noone had a clue as how that was possible, telling me that the max router <-> extender BW was 400Mbps max, which is not what I was told when I ordered the service.

Out of frustration, I told them to refund the rental fee and the extra charges for Gig speed and downgraded to 200Mbps which I will upgrade to 400M once I can successfully test from router to extender/bridge.

Has anyone had luck with an AX Extender that I can use as a bridge to connect to my gig switch at my remote desk area (50' away).

Thanks!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BIODTL1997 View Post
    Hi All. I have Verizon FIOS Gigabit here in NYC and I don't have the option to cable Ethernet from my closet where my ONT box & router are. I rented their Extender which was supposed to have a WiFi 6 (AX) backhaul network to bridge full speed Gig to my office and after 12 calls to them, noone had a clue as how that was possible, telling me that the max router <-> extender BW was 400Mbps max, which is not what I was told when I ordered the service.

Out of frustration, I told them to refund the rental fee and the extra charges for Gig speed and downgraded to 200Mbps which I will upgrade to 400M once I can successfully test from router to extender/bridge.

Has anyone had luck with an AX Extender that I can use as a bridge to connect to my gig switch at my remote desk area (50' away).

Thanks!
    Are you in a studio apt or congested complex? When I installed internet for a competing cable service not only could their routers not handle the wireless bandwith but wifi congestion was a huge issue. Since they locked down the routers to not be bandwith hogs your only option may be to just hard wire ethernet even tho you said it wasnt really an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk