I believe that Covid will probably be with us for quite some time. The fact that tests on many recovered victims often show few antibodies, coupled with the fact that there are documented cases of second infections, suggest that the development of a successful vaccine may be unlikely.

Australia has previously had a good income from tourism and from international students. However while we may be bringing Covid under control in this country, that is not the case in many other countries. The suggest that our international borders may stay closed for a long time.

To re-establish our international tourism and and international education income, the border need to open and people have to come here from other countries, and the chances are that at least some of those countries may well have active Covid cases.

I believe the use of hotels in our cities as quarantine stations presents a high risk to our country as a whole, just look how Covid got out in Victoria via security guards. Even using Police or the Army, as happened in other places could have resulted in release of the infection into the general community, we were probably just lucky in other places.

My thoughts are that dedicated quarantine stations should be built adjacent to international airports. Most airports are surrounded by large open areas, perhaps this could be used to construct quarantine stations, in the style of mining camps, (dongas or similar) together with a medical wing for testing, isolation and treatment, if necessary. These quarantine camps will need to be built away from runways, perhaps along the sides of the airports but away from the populated areas.

These will cost money, but perhaps some of the money the government are saying they will use to stimulate the economy could be used to do this, giving by employment to construction workers and manufacturers of building materials.

Just my small contribution to the discussions here. What are your thoughts on this? We need to get the economy working without the risk of more shutdowns and more illness and death. How could this be achieved, are there alternatives?