Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their Moving to QLD by the Droves.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Their Moving to QLD by the Droves.

Went for my usual walk before the Sun goes down and I ran into my neighbour that is a Real Estate Salesman (not a Sales Person like they want to be identified) yes salesman because he is a male, and he told me Victorians are buy Houses up he In Brisbane by the Droves and another of there office down the Gold Coast is selling houses to a point that they do not have stocks anymore. I told him "HOW DO THEY DO IT when they been locked up for many months and he said they are snapping up houses unseen. Apparently most are getting Bridging loans or whatever to get the Money from the banks and buy the House unseen. Yes my Neighbour has been run of his feet doing Video for these house. Also he said that Any Property that has a Block of land that is over 1000 Sq mts is hot Property and even better if the House is over 350 + Squares. The Ratio for wanted houses is 10 from Victoria 2 from NSW and surprisingly also from the UK too and other countries in Europe and people from Europe have taking interest in Tasmania QLD and WA. ATM its that bad that Real Estates are having meeting to find the way to get Stock because they are Running Very low and are running out of House to sell. The Record for one Real Estate is One reasonably New house at Samford QLD which is all Small Acreage but has BIG house, Pools Tennis Courts and other stuff that on a 1/2 a acre sold as soon as it was listed within minutes. Apparently the new owner did not care or haggle about the price and he just bought it unseen. Funny thing is in Brisbane you have Houses on 1/2 to 1 and a 1/2 acre as close as 18K from the City.
    All I can say this will cause the Prices to Sky rocket up in Brisbane.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Apparently the new owner did not care or haggle about the price and he just bought it unseen. Funny thing is in Brisbane you have Houses on 1/2 to 1 and a 1/2 acre as close as 18K from the City.
    All I can say this will cause the Prices to Sky rocket up in Brisbane.
    This, has been going on since about March this year ~ out this way (roughly 65klm south from Brissy CBD), the big winners are owners of pastoral land, who sub-divide and sell to developers to create housing estates. The goggle-sat image below, is around a year old, but that said to estate being seen in the image being developed, is now all sold out, and construction of houses is almost complete.

About 15klms further north, 2 years ago this suburb wasn't there, you see it here a year ago ~ it's now pretty much all filled;

About 10klms west of the above, another new suburb in the last 2 years, and another planned for that vacant land to right of image center;

Yes, you can get houses on acreage as close as 18klms from the CBD, but you'll pay through the nose for the privilege, and essentially that's not what ppl are buying -- they're buying into housing developments like that above.

The real hotspot, is the Sunshine Coast up north -- a real buying frenzy happening there right the now -- our response to this, was to move ~25klms further south, to avoid the perils of massed humanity;

We reckon we're 'safe' here for another 10 or so years =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-11-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Not only in QLD, the nicer parts here on the mid north COAST are basically sold out. They have been very lazy with new subdivisions and the self centred councils have not been helpful either.
    Every few days now there is some note in the mailbox from a Realestate agent asking us if we want to sell.
    A month ago I saw ONE 'For Sale' sign in my suburb, a few days later the sticker 'Sold' and that's it.
    People from Europe/UK wanting to live in AU is nothing new though. I am not aware if our Gov is opening the borders for new immigrants already, maybe expats returning who have the money.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 11-11-20 at 02:36 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (11-11-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Not only in QLD, the nicer parts here on the mid north COAST are basically sold out. They have been very lazy with new subdivisions and the self centred councils have not been helpful either.
    Every few days now there is some note in the mailbox from a Realestate agent asking us if we want to sell.
    A month ago I saw ONE 'For Sale' sign in my suburb, a few days later the sticker 'Sold' and that's it.

People from Europe/UK wanting to live in AU is nothing new though.
    The same here Fester. I have had more than my share of proposed sellers all of a sudden. And my joint is pretty run down, although it's a fairly large block. Running from Covid seems to be the new national sport.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

We live in a Good area just north from Brisbane. Our house is just under 40 Sq and the Block is 1210 Sq M and Morton Bay gave use two numbers. A lot of houses in our area has two numbers "eg Number 10-11 just in case you sub divide. All the house that I have bough in the last 25 years were mortgagee exercising the power of sale and I use the MALTESE/ARAB TRICK by putting one bank against another. Yes I had the Real estate dude there in front of me outside the house we like AND TELL YOUR WIFE TO SHUT UP and if she has to say anything tell her that she prefers the other house as the kitchen is better. Yes and I told him I was going to buy the other house ((from another Bank and estate agent) and was wait a phone call from another agent to see if the bank had reduced the Price of the house. Minute later my phone rang (yes my Daughter was in the sting too) and spoke to her like a guy and the Real estate next to me said HAND ON, HANG on, I will ring the Bank again NNNNNOW!!! and the Bank accepted my Offer.
    Funny thing is I got gezumped 12 year ago only by 10 minutes on a beautiful house a 45 sqw house on a 1/2 a acre with pool spar and the house was only 6 months old at Little Mountain Caloundra, Yes a Woman Bitch done the same that I have been doing all my life F!@#$%^&*(CK so I had to settle for the second choice a house that was 15 years old bough by a Guy and Spent $100,000 renovated it, never lived in it and his boat company at the Gold Coast went bust and the banks moved in. What a House but need high maintenance to keep it good, it was 55 Sqs Tri level and Had 9 foot ceilings, had to get Bailey's Ladder to make me a extremely larger ladder to get on to of the roof on the lowest side which was 2 level @ 9 Foot ceilings on a 2 acre block, yes all this just to remove the leaves. The old days you needed CASH to do this but these day you can do this if you have a guaranteed loan for curtain amount of money. The only time this method wont work putting one bank against another is if the Agent was a Black Kunt like me and it helps to have INSIDE Info. The old days you can use RP Data to find out whose house was getting ripped of by the Banks. I have helped two other to do this and My Father told me this method (no mobile Phones in the early day) was a good bartering method use by ethic people. By the way Had to sell the house because it was to large and I had a Heart Attack and I could not do the Maintenance on the House so we had to sell it and buy a small house as we are in now. Yes My Friend I helped was From Sydney and he was a Cop ( now a COP in QLD) and his wife was Against me from doing this because she hatted WOGS and she was against everything that I did but did not complain as we got the house what she like in the repo list for $60,000 less.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The same here Fester. I have had more than my share of proposed sellers all of a sudden. And my joint is pretty run down, although it's a fairly large block. Running from Covid seems to be the new national sport.
    Yes they want larger blocks maybe to get away from covid yet QLD has only 6 deaths in the year so far fro Covid 19, My old man was good with money and one of his favorite saying was " WHERE THESE IS CONFUSION THEY IS PROFIT"

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

In the 70's going to high-school, I remember all this land being wide open paddocks and or disused land. It was a good place to ride motorbikes on the w/e back in the day... 50 years later ;

We're going to be seeing a lot more of this, in the coming decade for Brisbane and surrounding environs. I can remember back in the 60's when I was young and living in NSW, Penrith was pretty much the last outpost of Sydney, look at it now. Same thing's happening up here ; eventually there won't be any 'gaps' between Brissy, Ipswich, Gold and Sunshine Coasts.

This latest flurry of migration to the warmer climes of the sunshine state, as an 'effect' of the covid19 situation... as far as realtors are concerned, is being put to the test by the fact Vic now seems to have the situation in hand, and it would appear there'll be a vaccine available before next 'flu season... there's probably an online book accepting bets on which way the real-estate market goes, after an effective, proven covid19 vaccine becomes available =)

The other thing that astounds me, is if you look at any reliable data about -last- years flu season, it would appear Victorians are actually slightly better off, staying where they are & not coming to Qld - from

Thanks

Good luck to them.
    Unless they are retirees or have nice bank account it will be interesting to see how would they make their living.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (11-11-20),george65 (12-11-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Moving into a state up to it's neck in debt. It's a risk.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (11-11-20),george65 (12-11-20)

Thanks

That is exactly my point.

Actually, the more I think about this migration wave the more I realize that the spike was triggered by lockdowns in Victoria. I suspect people had plans to move to QLD within few years and the lockdowns made them to do it sooner. Why wait for third wave in Victoria and suffer from another lockdown - move now and hope for the best. Even if lockdown happens in QLD they can still enjoy lovely weather instead of dreadful Melbourne never the same days.
    But as I suspect, they should have something organized for the living.

Anyway, I am not moving. Melbourne, I am your citizen and will not deceive you. Without Melbourne I will have nothing to talk about to strangers as weather topic doesn't exist outside of my city.
    Last edited by fromaron; 11-11-20 at 08:41 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Johnno (12-11-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

true , and its also a state with no jobs for all these people migrating in from down south. Once they realise they cant get a job they will sell up and try to move back south , where the cost of buying has now increased beyond thier ability to buy.... thats been happening for years up here.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (12-11-20)

Thanks

NO!! The Smart move is selling your house in Melbourne for 750-1 Mill and buying a similar house or better with a bigger block in Brisbane and the money left pay their dept off.

Thanks

Last night on Sky New the "FRONT PAGE" show had Peter Gleeson reporting the Front page from the News paper for the Gold Coast and it was the same that a Melbournian are moving to the Gold Coast. Also they had a Melbournian dude spend 3+ Million on a house at the Gold Coast unseen by him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Good luck to them.
    Unless they are retirees or have nice bank account it will be interesting to see how would they make their living.
    We moved up to Brisbane to retire and now retired for 5 years and both of us live like kings with the Pension. Yes you can live like kings with the Basic pension and not many are like us maybe 2% of the Population as we own our house (no rent) Never has a Electricity bill since 2008 and yet we export $$$ all the time. The House has 4 living in it (two paying cheap board) yet we use water for one person (Expanded it 3 weeks ago) all because of my system that's saves water for the toilets and the Cold water washing machine, we don't Smoke, we don't Drink, We Don't Gamble we never go out to waste money. Yes I expanded the system because when God farts for 10 Minutes (storm) I want the tanks to be 100% full.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

wotnot (12-11-20)

Thanks

NO!! The Smart move is selling your house in Melbourne for 750-1 Mill and buying a similar house or better with a bigger block in Brisbane and the money left pay their dept off.
    I don't think leftover money will pay QLD debt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    true , and its also a state with no jobs for all these people migrating in from down south. Once they realise they cant get a job they will sell up and try to move back south , where the cost of buying has now increased beyond their ability to buy.... thats been happening for years up here.
    Yep!
    Exactly what has been happening for at least 20 years. Personally know 2 families that have done exactly that and know of a couple more.
    We wanted to move to qld years ago but looking into it, the employment prospects were not so great and neither was the business I was in. Was thinking about developing something for the ( jap) tourist market but that fell off quite a bit so it would have been hard.

I wanted to go up there 3 years ago when we sold up but daughter wasn't going to go and we weren't going without her. I would look at the RE sites and nearly cry. Went and looked at a number of places and they were unreal. For what you get for 1.5M up there is about 10 levels up from what you get in Sydney for the same money. Some of the places we looked at where you could see the Goldie skyline were unreal. There were 2 I saw which I was blown away with and the thing was, cheap as they were, they took months to sell.

This place is nice, south west near Camden which was/ is? the most searched place on the RE sites but for the 1.5 we paid for it, could have got something so much different in Qld.
    I do like it here, it's a very friendly, laid back place unlike the shit hole we came from and the property values just keep climbing.
    There are endless developments and estates going up all around but all at good distance from us so we won't get too much of the outfall when they all turn into the inevitable slums these pocket handkerchief places turn into in time. Being acreage all around, we have the space and the property values keep the bogans well away although they are infiltrating the local shopping centre.

There is a good mix of people here and you could eat out every day for about 6 Months and never go to the same place twice. Houses are not cheap at all, even in the new slums they are building but no one really cares. The Mrs and I say we might go North one day but I can't see it happening. I reckon we throw about 100K at this place and it should be everything we want. There is a huge retirement place literally down the road 1KM so that might be the next move.

My father is on the Mid north coast and the houses are cheap up there and about 300 places in the local area for sale at any given time. Anything from a flat in town to 500Acres
    barely 10 Km out. The thing is like most country towns, there is basically no work. Probably 100 people for every job that comes up and the majority of people have been in their job for 10 + years.

They are Building a lot of estates around Forster, Harrington and up to port but the majority are aimed at retirees. I call it " gods waiting room " Up there.
    Although there is no work, I wouldn't say there is no opportunity. Hard to get tradies to come do anything and they certainly cherrypick what they will do. Medical care is shocking up there. You are lucky to get in to see a doctor in a week which beggars belief for Sydney. Even out here there are plenty of places you can just walk in and wait, not up there.

Looked at some places up there too, one in particular well up but overlooking the river with it's own jetty and airstrip. Bit of a Mansion, sell here and have plenty left over but I'd go nuts there. Fk all to do and nothing much around.

I'll be happy to stay here for the time being.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

The lack of professional type work is the big problem up here , so unless you have some sort of remote income or can live on the dole your quality of life will suffer greatly. We sold in Sydney and moved up here debt free in a smaller , newer house but with a lot more land very close to the water. Ive now got a new car , boat , caravan , jetski and motorbike in new sheds and in Sydney only had barely enough space for the car and bike. My missus found work in the hospital straight away and i do some casual stuff to pay for fuel for the toys Work here is only gained via someone you know and not what you know . I only go back to Sydney now to see the kids and all i see is overdevelopment and traffic congestion. Not to mention towns full of filthy lebos and currymunchers.
    a friend of mine moved up here for the same reasons - she inherited her parents old heritage listed cottage in Lidcombe , and before long the lebos living in the apartments on both sides intentionally started chucking thier rubbish OVER her fence and parking thier cars blocking her driveway. She gave up quickly and sold up cheap just to get away from the turds. Next minute soon after sale the house magically burns down and more crappy apartments are built on the 1000SqM site. Thats Sydney!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-11-20)

Thanks

i left sydney nearly 30yrs ago because it was shit hole then let alone what it looks like now.

i moved to the far north coast ( tweed ) and was the best move ever.

i have watched it grow and grow with more ppl moving up and watched the northern goldcoast
    build up and up to resemble sydney's ghetto estates , i call all the new subdivisions
    expensive houso estates because within 5 yrs thats what they turn into.

I didnt want a new home because i have seen new development's being built and what they turn into
    plus block sizes are small, so i bought and older home with a 1200sqm block so plenty room
    and after a reno better than a new house and much cheaper seeing im a trade'y and did most
    of the work.

Plenty work if you are willing to have a go and then with word of mouth better prospects
    show up.

cost of living is increasing bigtime - rates - water fuel - food etc but thats the same everywhere.

but we do have great weather 9 months of the yr and the other 3 full of rain and storms you get used to it.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 13-11-20 at 08:13 AM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-11-20),macca (15-11-20),Mr 672A (13-11-20),wotnot (13-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    We sold in Sydney and moved up here debt free in a
    Yes done the same bit but this time we had the money to get things that we could not do before. Never regretted anything. Yes the cost of everything is going up but the the same is happening in all other states. One of the Main reason we moved up from Sydney to Brisbane was me and my intolerance of Cold weather. The Last winter in Sydney I spend two weeks in Bankstown Hospital with The FLU, yes the Frigging FLU. Been like this my whole life. My Doctor (Egyptian) told me you have to move north to a place Like Townsville and the temperature will suit your body because you have very low BP and poor circulation and after I spent time in Hospital we were off. It helped because the Wife got redundancy + the company that I worked for loss the Contract so all lost their jobs.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-11-20 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks

Last night on Sky New the "FRONT PAGE" show had Peter Gleeson reporting the Front page from the News paper for the Gold Coast and it was the same that a Melbournian are moving to the Gold Coast. Also they had a Melbournian dude spend 3+ Million on a house at the Gold Coast unseen by him.
    The same or similar on last night Episode.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast