Thread: AC/DC - PWR/UP The best thing that has happened in 2020 !

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default AC/DC - PWR/UP The best thing that has happened in 2020 !

The album released today.

Here some catchy riffs that showed me they haven't lost it all these years, not one bit:

...but once I am holding the vinyl I am certain to find more.

I must shamefully admit that I wasn't even aware that they had a video out already in October:

Last edited by admin; 23-12-21 at 12:25 PM. Reason: troll removed
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    OP quote removed
    Yeah, No TDS or obsessive compulsive behaviour with you is there mate?

Just can't let it go or give it a rest even with something totally unrelated and should be an enjoyable escape from all the day to day Crap.

Sad, just sad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Yeah, good to see, and apparently a bit emotional for Angus as it contains songs they had but never got around to releasing.

But you do miss the complimentary combination of Malcolm and Angus playing together

• 14-12-20, 07:43 PM

Thanks

I'm amazed a 73-year-old Brian Johnson can still sing this convincingly. He sounds like he did in his heyday. How is that physically possible? While his style certainly doesn't push his voice as much as many other rock vocalists, it's still incredibly impressive. I'll be interested to see if he can do this studio recording justice in a live setting.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown89 View Post
    I'm amazed a 73-year-old Brian Johnson can still sing this convincingly. He sounds like he did in his heyday. How is that physically possible?
    It's not. You don't need much in the way of vocal ability these days with technology doing some astounding things.

I will admit I am not a fan. I grew up with ACDC and to me, it realistically died with Bon Scott who was simply brilliant in every way - a brilliant Rock/Blues voice and a likeability and onstage charisma that was not to be replicated. Back In Black was a great album, but realistically it was already written (with Scott input) and all Johnson had to do was sing it. I think they also did a lot of mastering on Johnson's vocals on BIB to tone down the harshness of his voice and make it more marketable, after all, it's a massive ask to replace someone like Scott. And from that date, marketing and greed became ACDC's biggest thing in life as they cracked the US market and made a fortune off some average music.

I can remember when "For Those About To Rock" came out. I said most of it is shit. All my mates said, whoah, you cant say that. I said well it is.

When "Flick Of The Switch" came out, I said this is pretty average. After "Fly On The Wall", we stopped buying their albums and lived on The Angels instead.