Hi All,
I'm hoping to get some help with an issue with intermittent picture breakup in a block of 6 units. The building is tucked up against an escarpment so cannot receive signal from the closest FTA transmitter. Instead there is a VHF antenna (vertically polarised) pointing south to the transmitter that is 122kms away. Signal at antenna is: MERs 26db-29db and DCPs all around 50db, no errors in the pre or post BER. After amplification and distribution I am getting MERs of 30db and DCPs 55 - 70db. Great picture. However the customers (all units) are complaining of intermittent pixilation. This issue has been going on for as long as anyone in the building can remember.

It is a simple system with an 8 way splitter and Kingray DW42 amp. I have relocated the antenna for optimal signal on the roof, replaced the antenna, replaced the splitter, replaced the amp and replaced the main cable from the antenna to the amp. Nothing has helped! Still intermittent pixilation! Of course whenever I am onsite the picture and signal is perfect. I have replaced the DW42 with a masthead amp as well. Still no joy. Any ideas would be appreciated.