Thread: Turning off adblocker in Yahoo Mail

Thanks

Default Turning off adblocker in Yahoo Mail

Hi all,

Is anyone here experiencing a nag screen telling you to turn off your ad blocker in yahoo mail ?

If so, do you know how to get rid of this crap in Firefox.

Luv and kisses to all

Hic Hic
    Buy cheap and pay often, - there is no substitute for stupidity.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

There is no shame in being uneducated nor in being stupid.
    The true shame lies in knowing that you are and doing nothing about it.

Only the living worry about dying.

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Education is the only sure cure for religion

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    Hi all,

Is anyone here experiencing a nag screen telling you to turn off your ad blocker in yahoo mail ?

If so, do you know how to get rid of this crap in Firefox.

Luv and kisses to all

Hic Hic
    First of all ad blockers are not crap.
    You are better off to keep them activated and disable only when you know that a trusted source is asking you to do so.

Unfortunately there is no 'one fits all solution' here.
    You need to find out what ad blocker is enabled in your Firefox.

Goto Tools, Add-ons, Extensions or try keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl + Shift + A’ and find the ad blocker that has a button with Disable and click in it. It should toggle to Enable, which means it is disabled but ready to enable again when you need it.
    Alternative there might be a slider switch to disable/enable.

Some ad blockers might show a small icon, usually top right of your browser, when you mouse over it it show the ad blocker. Click on it while you are on the yahoo website and it might show something like 'disable ad blocker for yahoo only'. That would be the best solution.

Another thing that might be causing problems is blocking Popup Windows.
    That can be disabled in the Firefox Preferences, Privacy & Security, Permissions, untick 'Block Popup Windows'
    But do this only if the ad blocker disable thing didn't work.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 02-12-20 at 12:07 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    First of all ad blockers are not crap.
    You are better off to keep them activated and disable only when you know that a trusted source is asking you to do so.

Unfortunately there is no 'one fits all solution' here.
    You need to find out what ad blocker is enabled in your Firefox.

Goto Tools, Add-ons, Extensions or try keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl + Shift + A’ and find the ad blocker that has a button with Disable and click in it. It should toggle to Enable, which means it is disabled but ready to enable again when you need it.
    Alternative there might be a slider switch to disable/enable.

Some ad blockers might show a small icon, usually top right of your browser, when you mouse over it it show the ad blocker. Click on it while you are on the yahoo website and it might show something like 'disable ad blocker for yahoo only'. That would be the best solution.

Another thing that might be causing problems is blocking Popup Windows.
    That can be disabled in the Firefox Preferences, Privacy & Security, Permissions, untick 'Block Popup Windows'
    But do this only if the ad blocker disable thing didn't work.
    It's NOT the adblocker I want to get rid off its the nag screen from yahoo that I want to piss right off, all it does it tells me I am running an adblocker and must get rid of it and then delays loading my mail.
    Last edited by Ma_Baker; 02-12-20 at 12:25 PM.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

There should be an option in the ad blocker settings to whitelist individual sites, just whitelist yahoo.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

wotnot (02-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    There should be an option in the ad blocker settings to whitelist individual sites, just whitelist yahoo.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Does this just allow yahoo to keep on spamming with their bloody ads?

How does it work?

I have uBlock and there seems to be no Whitelist option. Piss it off and find another adblocker.??

I am really fed up with all this crap.

Luv to all, sorry about my rant

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

This is the same as what Hoe means with whitelisting. When you do that you should not get the nag screen

If your ad blocker does give you that option remove it and find a better one.

Alternatively use an email client like Thunderbird to manage your emails.
    I never use website mail services but I also have a lot of email addresses for different functions so the only way for me to manage them all is to a client.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Does this just allow yahoo to keep on spamming with their bloody ads?

I am really fed up with all this crap.
    After reading this I strongly suggest to use Thunderbird.

Thanks

After reading this I strongly suggest to use Thunderbird.
    I have got more than 15 years worth of emails etc on yahoo, email addresses what do I do to port this lot into a new client like Thunderbird. ??

and while I think of it Updating all my contacts banks etc with a new email address - sHIT it makes me sweat just thinking about it ...............

Thanks

I have got more than 15 years worth of emails etc on yahoo, email addresses what do I do to port this lot into a new client like Thunderbird. ??

and while I think of it Updating all my contacts banks etc with a new email address - sHIT it makes me sweat just thinking about it ...............

Thunderbird is an email client not an email server.
    Just download and install Mozilla Thunderbird on your PC.

You keep all your email addresses, just add to Thunderbird by inserting the email address and password and it does all the rest for you.
    If you bulk unread your collection of yahoo emails Thunderbird should download all of them for you. I think it will even download them if they have been marked read.
    Works with my gmx mails that way.
    You can also select in the Thunderbird settings(before you click 'get messages') to keep the mails on the (yahoo) server but still download(read) them of course.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 02-12-20 at 03:54 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Ma_Baker (03-12-20)

Thanks

Thunderbird is an email client not an email server.
    Just download and install Mozilla Thunderbird on your PC.

You keep all your email addresses, just add to Thunderbird by inserting the email address and password and it does all the rest for you.
    If you bulk unread your collection of yahoo emails Thunderbird should download all of them for you. I think it will even download them if they have been marked read.
    Works with my gmx mails that way.
    You can also select in the Thunderbird settings(before you click 'get messages') to keep the mails on the (yahoo) server but still download(read) them of course.
    Thank you muchly sunshine,

Best cure I could imagine with fantastic results.

Luv and Kisses from me.

Maybe I spoke too soon, ? I also run Peer Block and it does not play nice with Thunderbird I have to disable Peer Block in order to use Thunderbird. Sad - but not everything is perfect in life , Ma
    Last edited by Ma_Baker; 03-12-20 at 09:53 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ma_Baker For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (03-12-20)