Thread: BenQ GW2760HS - more volume?

Thanks

Default BenQ GW2760HS - more volume?

Got a BenQ GW2760HS monitor, and the audio amp / speakers in it are woeful. With the monitor volume turned all the way up, and the PC volume maxed out too, the sound out of the BenQ speakers is no louder than if I'd plugged in a set of headphones and put them on the desk in front of me.
    Cable from PC line out to monitor line in checks out ok.

Wondering if there's any hints to increase the volume out of the monitor speakers? I don't want to go with separate amplified speakers on the desktop - there's just no room!
    If anyone has a schematic or a good high resolution photo of the GW2760 main board, I'd be very appreciative. Thinking along the lines of replacing whatever pitiful audio output amplifier IC might be present with something that is a bit more capable and/or finding some more efficient replacement speakers for better delivery of sound.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Sounds like you're not using HDMI cable for hookup ~ I'd try this, just to eliminate the audio input circuit as a possible culprit

Thanks

HDMI audio input is a little better, by about 6dB. That's probably just enough to get by with.
    There's some audio based applications that I use which connect to an external device via line out - is there a way I can set both HDMI & PC line out active at the same time?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

You won't be able to do that at the benq ~ you can only set one or the other active (or auto detect). Autodetect on many units is lame ...as in, it switches audio inputs based on what video input is detected ; other units do actively monitor & switch audio input based upon audio signal detection. You may however be able to change the audio output device, for said applications on the computer ...I know I can do this on linux using 'jack' .. checkout jack audio for your OS -->

There are HDMI audio injectors out there, but tends to be a pricey solution.

Just curious...has the monitor always had low volume?
    Last edited by wotnot; 21-12-20 at 06:03 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

mitaux8030 (21-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Just curious...has the monitor always had low volume?
    Yeah, it has been that way since day one. Headphones was my go-to solution (much better sound quality delivered to the ear holes too), but that's not always ideal being tethered by a cord like that.
    Thanks for the hint about Jack - might be just what the doctor ordered.