Thread: CT Plus Software for Tecom

Thanks

Default CT Plus Software for Tecom

Just had a play around with the CT Plus software and my initial view is "why the hell have they provided an amateur looking gui when the had a perfectly good design in Titan". Am I missing something. Will it grow on me?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Your missing something......
    You did ask..
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Titan perfectly good?!

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

shred (18-01-21)

Thanks

It is, but only on earlier hardware.

It is but not for the new Panels.
    The Challenger Plus, LE Plus and the Network Access controller.
    There is a lot more that the platform now does
    CTPlus does a lot of smart things but is only a tech tool.

I guess 95% is older hardware and how many upgrade to or install Challenger plus panels as opposed to C10.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    Titan perfectly good?!
    Absolutely. Works as it should. Easy to use. Easy to understand, and the end user gets how to use it very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    It is, but only on earlier hardware.

It is but not for the new Panels.
    The Challenger Plus, LE Plus and the Network Access controller.
    There is a lot more that the platform now does
    CTPlus does a lot of smart things but is only a tech tool.

I guess 95% is older hardware and how many upgrade to or install Challenger plus panels as opposed to C10.
    I want it for an end user. They have a Ch10 and were using the Titan app with a Samsung phone. Then, on the latest upgrade, the Titan app would not work. Spoke to technical help who said they will no longer support the app for this phone and I would have to upgrade the Ch10 to Challenger Plus. They were happy with Titan onsite but would also have to upgrade to CT Plus. This doesn't seem as user friendly as Titan. A bit poor that they will not support this phone platform anymore as using the app was one of the reasons they wanted to upgrade their V8 to the Ch10 in the first place.

Thanks

My point is that TITAN has a clunky layout compared to a lot of other alarm/access system software suites, including CTPlus. It's also a little bit prone to corruption, albeit, easy to fix. I'd argue that end user programming is far easier on CTPlus or WMS than it is on TITAN. I think the more you use CTPlus, the more you'll warm to it.

Quote Originally Posted by securityalarmguy64 View Post
    I want it for an end user. They have a Ch10 and were using the Titan app with a Samsung phone. Then, on the latest upgrade, the Titan app would not work. Spoke to technical help who said they will no longer support the app for this phone and I would have to upgrade the Ch10 to Challenger Plus. They were happy with Titan onsite but would also have to upgrade to CT Plus. This doesn't seem as user friendly as Titan. A bit poor that they will not support this phone platform anymore as using the app was one of the reasons they wanted to upgrade their V8 to the Ch10 in the first place.
    The TecomPlus App craps all over the Tecom mobile app. Push notifications for a start. Well worth the upgrade. Server drops off once in a while, but you can't really complain if it's free

Thanks

I agree with you CT4. The new app is streets ahead of the old app. End users love it as well. Simple yet does all you need it to.
    Cplus is a way easier to set up and use with the software.
    Love the way you setup the SDC as a DOOR. and the Dual Weigand interface is such a cheap form of access control.
    Becoming "to easy"

Thanks

I agree with you CT4. The new app is streets ahead of the old app. End users love it as well. Simple yet does all you need it to.
    Love the way you setup the SDC as a DOOR. and the Dual Weigand interface is such a cheap form of access control.
    Becoming "to easy"
    I haven't played with the Dual Wiegand Interface or the NAC yet The thing that most excites me about those two is actually the NAC enclosure. Best Tecom enclosure ever, but Interlogix in their infinite wisdom refuse to sell it as a separate part (buy it at a heavily inflated cost and get a free NAC)...
    I had to have a quick look at what you meant with SDC's and doors in CTPlus. That part definitely looks better than in TITAN.

Thanks

Yeah the SDC /Ras is treated as a door kind of. No mucking around working out what relays and inputs to use.
    I really don't see the NAC being used to much unless its on a large access system controlled by UGH C4.
    8 x doors from on a controller and 250,000 users and as many Nacs as you want.

I will happen somewhere.

Thanks

Might be a few years before I get to see a NAC in the field. Most large access control sites that we do tend to have different brand systems (Inner Range, Gallagher, Honeywell, etc, etc). The only stuff we really do with Tecom access control is with pre-existing sites - most of which are of V6 or V8 vintage, upgraded to V10. We stick in a lot of new V10's, but not for access control. As mentioned, I'm really only interested in the enclosure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    Might be a few years before I get to see a NAC in the field. Most large access control sites that we do tend to have different brand systems (Inner Range, Gallagher, Honeywell, etc, etc). The only stuff we really do with Tecom access control is with pre-existing sites - most of which are of V6 or V8 vintage, upgraded to V10. We stick in a lot of new V10's, but not for access control. As mentioned, I'm really only interested in the enclosure
    Hi, I might be completely wrong here and you have already spoken to them but the enclosure part is ENC-LGE and is listed as a part on the Interlogix website, can Hills not order it in?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abababa View Post
    Hi, I might be completely wrong here and you have already spoken to them but the enclosure part is ENC-LGE and is listed as a part on the Interlogix website, can Hills not order it in?
    Yeah that part is actually the 4DC enclosure, even though it's listed in the specs for the NAC. TS1066P is an adaptor plate for the NAC to fit into the 4DC can. Different people at Hills have told me a few times that Interlogix won't separate the new can from the NAC. One day maybe, but not yet.

Thanks

In NZ some years ago now Hills made gear plates that suited the Tecom footprints that fitted the Hills Home Hub Cabinets.

Thanks

In NZ some years ago now Hills made gear plates that suited the Tecom footprints that fitted the larger 2 x Hills Home Hub Cabinets. Surface and flush fitted.

Thanks

Becoming "to easy"
    Ok, good feedback. Perhaps I'll soldier on with CTPlus and hope it will grow on me.

cheers everyone.

Thanks

Is there a way for titan to connect to the ChallengerLE panels?
    Last edited by Mr-Resistance; 18-01-22 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Resistance View Post
    Is there a way for titan to connect to the ChallengerLE panels?
    Only if the firmware is below v7.xx If it is firmware v7 and over, it is a Challenger LEPlus and is incompatible with TITAN. If it is below v7, it is a Challenger LE, and will be compatible with TITAN.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

Mr-Resistance (26-01-22)