Thread: ebay seller - scams to look out for?

Thanks

Default ebay seller - scams to look out for?

Not sold anything on eBay for ages. I've got a niche item to sell, and want to give it world-wide exposure for selling.
    What's the latest scams to watch out for when selling, potentially to international buyers? (Apart from the usual PayPal withholding funds gripes, that is...)
    And how does this eBay Global Shipping Program work for sellers in Australia; that's something I've never dealt with before.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mitaux8030 View Post
    Not sold anything on eBay for ages. I've got a niche item to sell, and want to give it world-wide exposure for selling.
    What's the latest scams to watch out for when selling, potentially to international buyers? (Apart from the usual PayPal withholding funds gripes, that is...)
    And how does this eBay Global Shipping Program work for sellers in Australia; that's something I've never dealt with before.
    eBay makes it easy to sell internationally, the postage system is easy to use with International Express Post already set up and all you need to do is print the shipping consignment note and affix it on to the parcel. When you configure your listing on eBay there's the option of "International return accepted" this means that the buyer can return the item within 7 days after delivery no questions ask. A simple change my mind will grant the buyer full refund. It means seller arrange and pay for the return which can be very expensive because you can only do it through FedEx or DHL since this costs allot more then what the item is worth, many sellers untick International returns. eBay will accept this except when the "Goods Not As Described". This policy facilitate International buyers to order and get goods for free. here is how it works overseas buyer order and pay for the goods... Goods are posted.. as soon as they are delivered, buyer will hit the refund icon, and put down Not As Described.
    eBay will ask you to arrange return shipping... if nothing happens in 7 days... eBay will give the buyer a full refund, didact that amount from your balance and the goods remain at the buyers disposal for free. eBays customer service wont even consider the product selling for years and not even 1 'Goods Not As describe. so you lost the goods, your slim margin and shipping costs. All you can do is give the buyer a bad feedback.
    Last edited by B52; 05-10-22 at 03:11 AM.