Thread: adding hikvision wireless camera

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Default adding hikvision wireless camera

I currently have a hikvision 4 channel poe nvr, working fine.

i want to add a couple of wireless ip cams to my system, so i obviously need a new nvr with more channels and poe and wireless capability.

can anyone suggest an nvr mdel suitable ?

can ibuy any 8 channel nvr and configure one of the hardware ports manally to the wifi camera settings ?
    Last edited by hoe; 21-01-21 at 01:18 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Most NVR's will let you bring in a camera on your local network, So can use a Hikvision NVR. Wifi the camera to your network and not the nvr.

Thanks

Are the wireless cameras the same brand as the NVR (ie. Hikvision)? If not, do the cameras support an authentication protocol supported by the NVR (including ONVIV)?

If you plug one of the camera POE ports on the NVR to somewhere on your network that can see the wireless devices, you'll be able to add them, provided that they are compatible. Give the cameras static IP's on the same range as the camera network, rather than your home network, then manually add them in the NVR.

You'll also need to make sure that your wireless LAN can handle the additional throughput.

Is there a reason you're going with wireless and not wired?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post

Is there a reason you're going with wireless and not wired?
    i currently have a 4 channel hikvision nvr with 4 hardwired poe cameras which work fine.

i have recently taken over an adjacent premise and running cables is not practical.

i have excellent wifi signal from my network at the proposed camera sites, tested fine with arlo 4k wifi camera.

i have just ordered an 8 channel nvr and 2 wifi cameras, both hikvision.

thanks for tip about adding them to camera network, saved me some cursing......
    Last edited by hoe; 22-01-21 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    i currently have a 4 channel hikvision nvr with 4 hardwired poe cameras which work fine.

i have recently taken over an adjacent premise and running cables is not practical.

i have excellent wifi signal from my network at the proposed camera sites, tested fine with arlo 4k wifi camera.

i have just ordered an 8 channel nvr and 2 wifi cameras, both hikvision.

thanks for tip about adding them to camera network, saved me some cursing......
    I would have been inclined to put hardwired cameras to a PoE switch in the other premise and then have an independent point-to-point wireless link between the two buildings. Anyway, sounds like you have it sorted now

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    I would have been inclined to put hardwired cameras to a PoE switch in the other premise and then have an independent point-to-point wireless link between the two buildings. Anyway, sounds like you have it sorted now
    i considered that, but as i have a very good signal in the shed and its not full of high value items, ill see how reliable it is.

the other shed has the good stuff in it and is alarmed and monitored with the hardwired cameras, along with the yard.

Thanks

hard wired is always best, incase of any glitches in teh signal, might miss an alert, if you have the wifi cameras can you put an sd card in them? if so i would suggest