Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy is going to create a lot of Aussie millionaires

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Finally a man who knows what he is talking about and way more important than any presidential speech:

Try to hang in there for 15minutes at least
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-10-21 at 02:37 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Perrottet may have been the one who announced it, but it is likely to have been well underway before Gladys fell on her sword.....
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Perrottet may have been the one who announced it, but it is likely to have been well underway before Gladys fell on her sword.....
    I doubt it.
    If this has been going on for a while, Twiggy would have announced it.
    I have been keeping track of every place in the world he has been visiting since Covid began and all the patents he has bought up to secure exclusivity.
    Never a word mentioned about Gladys. I doubt she would have even understood a word of what he is saying. He may have spoken to others in NSW but this was new to me, while dealings in QLD and Tassie(still refusing) was already well known.

Things are moving fast and Twiggy's projects are now even turning some heads in the National party because he will need all the (coal) mining engineers and workers and many more.
    Maybe ScoMo might have to go to Glasgow with a target after all. Kind of exciting.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-10-21 at 10:25 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised about Perrottet on this one:

Not so conservative after all. Maybe it was just time we had a younger mind at the helm who can fathom that when there is a demand for change, it can be done.............
    Hahaha...OK, I'll concede that point to you...

After all Hydrogen is the prime source of all energy in the Universe and about time we started using it.
    Hmmm..Edward Teller showed that years ago....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (16-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

Hmmm..Edward Teller showed that years ago....

Nuclear Fusion, yes that is the most efficient use of Hydrogen. A shame nobody can do it controlled and sustainable.

I just read that he was also one of the first to warn about climate change due to burning of fossil fuel, already in 1957 !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-10-21 at 08:47 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

You have to love people like Mr Twig.

become a multi billionaire polluting the planet, then (when you have made your fortune) campaign to stop it and inflict higher prices on the poor.

If that ain't hypocrisy, I don't know what is, though I am happy to take back my criticisms of him if he immediately gives away all his money and properties and lives like an average Australian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

become a multi billionaire polluting the planet, then (when you have made your fortune) campaign to stop it and inflict higher prices on the poor.

If that ain't hypocrisy, I don't know what is, though I am happy to take back my criticisms of him if he immediately gives away all his money and properties and lives like an average Australian.
    Average Australians can and do buy his shares to participate in this growth.
    He only earns his money from dividends of his FMG shares. He is no pig feeding from the trough, like every other Aussie company I know.
    He does 'give away' money in foundations and wants to help poorer countries grow and participate in his green steel and hydrogen/ammonia projects.
    I have not seen a company owner more busy and work harder that him, maybe Elon Musk at times in the past.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

drummerboy (26-10-21)

Thanks

Default He has given away plenty of money.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

If you have not watched Twiggy's video I suggest you do as he is one of the great Australian's IMHO.

Look at his record helping our indigenous race for a start.

• The Following User Says Thank You to drummerboy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (28-10-21)

Thanks

All you gunnabe millionaires, before you open your wallet/purse, ask yourself, " How much of his own money is Twiggy contributing to his dream?"

Nil to not very much judging by the way he has been spruiking all over the place.

Remember he is a billionaire.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

enf (29-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post
    All you gunnabe millionaires, before you open your wallet/purse, ask yourself, " How much of his own money is Twiggy contributing to his dream?"

Nil to not very much judging by the way he has been spruiking all over the place.

Remember he is a billionaire.
    What he does with his private money he honestly earned from his hard work is none of your or my fvcking business!

He runs a company(which also pays billions in tax) and uses the profits from that to invest and fund in new technologies that will benefit all in the long run including the taxpayer if governments want to invest with him.
    For those who are uninformed this might all still seem like a dream but one day you will all have to wake up and see what science, research and a lot of hard work can achieve.

All his new technologies have been tried and tested by his company and are now entering production stage.
    I know it is very hard for Australians(who I perceive as the most conservative mob in the world) to accept change and understand they we will become a leading player in green technology and bring back manufacturing to this country, when for centuries we mostly have only been scraping up dirt.

It is now time that finally somebody who earned a buck with that dirt can now move on to do something more productive.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-10-21 at 11:58 AM.

drummerboy (31-10-21)

Thanks

What he does with his private money he honestly earned from his hard work is none of your or my fvcking business!
    That is exactly my point. If he does not have the belief in his dream that he is prepared to stump up his own money then everyone else beware.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Ah Twiggy is not obviously reading the advice offered by the luminaries on Austech
    He bought a Dutch Company last month with green hydrogen technology and today it has been revealed that he has bought an American Company with over 100 green hydrogen patents
    Now it is going to be interesting as to who turns out to be correct, but my money is on Twiggy as i feel he is a bit smarter (better advised, hence richer) than the average bear
    See he is holding the present government to account on some of their rhetoric, may that explain some of the comments?
    Maybe some people should take Unco's advice and buy shares in Fortuscue
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

drummerboy (30-10-21),Uncle Fester (31-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Maybe some people should take Unco's advice and buy shares in Fortuscue
    I am certainly not providing trading advice but merely posting my opinion, some facts and starter points for further research

If I were allowed to give advice then it would be:
    Never buy shares because somebody said so.
    Always do your OWN research using reputable information sources.
    Finding those is also a skill. Avoid analysts for starters. As said, OWN research.

lsemmens (31-10-21)

Premium Member

Thanks

Geeez Unco, are you still going to post on here when you are a multi millionaire

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

drummerboy (01-11-21),Uncle Fester (01-11-21)

Thanks

Geeez Unco, are you still going to post on here when you are a multi millionaire
    Ha ha, thanks to Elon Musk's StarLink I should still be able to, while seafaring on my comfortable motor yacht
    Gonna happen anyhow when my last son moves out and I sell the 6 bedroom joint I built and currently live in by the sea. Wife is on board too
    The sea is calling me everyday at my window and I am getting old so I better not wait too long for Twiggy. I bought his shares when they were 4 bucks.

Thanks

Well that didn't take long.

4 weeks into a war and Germany's largest energy company E.ON is all over us(FMG holders) looking to replace the dirty Putin gas with our super clean Aussie Green Hydrogen, with first deliveries in 2024 (hopefully).
    It is still a memorandum of understanding but signed:

Of course our Green energy and Twiggy haters here will be down ramping, so I better get into my fire suit

Premium Member

Thanks

Have transferred money to buy Ziggies' shares tomorrow (should have done it last week) If the shares bottom i am coming looking for you Unco

Premium Member

Thanks

Gonna happen anyhow when my last son moves out and I sell the 6 bedroom joint I built and currently live in by the sea. Wife is on board too
    The sea is calling me everyday at my window and I am getting old so I better not wait too long for Twiggy. I bought his shares when they were 4 bucks.[/QUOTE]

If my experience is any thing to go by, don't hold your breathe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Well that didn't take long.

4 weeks into a war and Germany's largest energy company E.ON is all over us(FMG holders) looking to replace the dirty Putin gas with our super clean Aussie Green Hydrogen, with first deliveries in 2024 (hopefully).
    It is still a memorandum of understanding but signed:

Of course our Green energy and Twiggy haters here will be down ramping, so I better get into my fire suit
    2024? The Germans will all be frozen by then, or have continued to buy Russian gas and therefore kept Putins war machine going.

As for the 'green' gas, I assume that all the Chinese made equipment that will be needed will arrive on time. They have a goodly number of Uighur slaves to produce it I suppose....

On a serious note, I hope it works out for you and allover, I really do. If it's as plentiful , available, and cheap as you attest, even I'll be able to afford it. Not holding my breath however, as Twiggy will probably try to sell me 'green air'....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Have transferred money to buy Ziggies' shares tomorrow (should have done it last week) If the shares bottom i am coming looking for you Unco
    There will be ups and downs until then because FMG is mainly driven by the iron ore(IO) price, so it helps a great deal to follow what China is doing and that is currently locking down huge cities because of Covid -> factories close and less steel is used.
    At the same time their gov has backflipped on trying to force IO down by limiting imports and now after a major realestate developer defaulted has ambitions for further growth.
    I just got a nice divi today as did many other holders and many are set to reinvest which drives the price up.
    FMG is also a stock that gets heavily shorted.
    So it may or may not be wise to wait for a dip.
    My personal strategy is to invest not all at once but in tranches.
    Just my humble opinion. Not advice.
    In the end you must follow your own gut instinct.

Something else to consider is that FMG funds FFI's activity with only 10% of it's profit. At some time it may or may not split and be floated as a separate company.
    For me that means I would have to sell some FMG shares that are part of my regular income and buy FFI that may not provide dividends for a long time but purely a capital gains play.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast