Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy is going to create a lot of Aussie millionaires

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default Twiggy is going to create a lot of Aussie millionaires

...including me, cough.
    Now that the world's biggest moron is out of the equation, although that wouldn't have stopped him, but now the his OUR renewable economy boom will have no limits:
    Good that this is now on the mainstream media:

While it would be productive if our stubborn stupid gov would get on board, he probably doesn't need them.
    Oh well other (more impoverished) governments will then have the benefits which he has been negotiating with, partly at risk to his life.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

allover (10-10-21),lsemmens (23-01-21),RogerTheDoger (22-01-21),Tiny (23-01-21),tristen (28-01-21)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

The only millionaire Twiggy is interested in is Twiggy...he loves China.

Perhaps he can explain that they should cease committing genocide and cease to build coal plants before he revolutionises the world.

By the same token, Hydrogen IS sensible.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-10-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The only millionaire Twiggy is interested in is Twiggy...he loves China.
    Crock!
    This is NOT about being dependent on China anymore.
    He knows for a long time that China's hunger for our iron ore has made him rich and kept our economy alive but he is also aware that will not last.

Why do you think he wants to make steel here in Australia and create 40,000 local jobs just doing that?

Hydrogen is where this is all going with all the money he earned from China. Hydro and geothermal energy also.
    He has been travelling all around the world making deals with renewable energy but I do not see mainland China on the list lately.

He wants to make Australia number one energy exporter, not China, ...wake up!
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (22-01-21),tristen (28-01-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You wake up man...all he's done really is make a speech....jeez. They're all good at that.

His past actions say otherwise.

I hope you are right though....seriously.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    You wake up man...all he's done really is make a speech....jeez. They're all good at that.

His past actions say otherwise.

I hope you are right though....seriously.
    Geez, he has been travelling around the world negotiating with countries and buying up patents. This is not just since yesterday.
    Please inform yourself before you write.
    I am not holding 130k worth of his shares for nothing, I do my OWN research.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I was wondering how Lesley Lawson D.B.E. was going to make me a millionaire.. The wrong one huh?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Geez, he has been travelling around the world negotiating with countries and buying up patents. This is not just since yesterday.
    Please inform yourself before you write.
    I am not holding 130k worth of his shares for nothing, I do my OWN research.
    I can't inform myself about your personal finances and investments and I would never do so. I wish you all the best, and hope you DO become a wealthy beneficiary. I mean that.

My faith in luminaries is gone I'm afraid.....seen too many......heard too many speeches....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-01-21),eaglem (11-10-21),Uncle Fester (22-01-21)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Any way girls, right or wrong, I hope it is true and comes to fruition, time will tell
    I do believe the speech was to an academic audience, so don't think he would be telling porkies
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-10-21),enf (23-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21),tristen (28-01-21),Uncle Fester (23-01-21)

Thanks

"It's also just 0.004 per cent of the greenhouse gases that enter the atmosphere every year — around 50 billion tonnes."

Pissing into the sea I'm afraid.

Do some research on hydrogen - it is NOT viable.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (28-01-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post

Do some research on hydrogen - it is NOT viable.

...and what research was that? Funded by Elon musk, LOL?

Anything that can store energy from the sun is viable, even with lower roundtrip efficiencies, if there even is one.
    We have so much sun here in Australia and space for collectors it is insane.

BTW steel production alone is responsible for 5%(some sources 7.2%) of the world's CO2 emissions.
    Twiggy's aim is 10% of the world's steel production so that would be at least 0.5% alone, not your 0.004% fantasy figure.
    I have done research, so has Twiggy and countries like China and Germany who are already getting into 'green' steel

However this is also about stationary electricity storage for the power grid.
    I am not convinced about hydrogen cars, not keen driving around with a high pressure explosive gas tank when I get rear ended but many like Toyota will disagree with me there.
    Hydrogen is only part of the picture, it is also about the Hydrogen storage capacity of ammonia which greatly reduces the risk of transport.

Next time before you post unsolicited claims do a little research first.
    Maybe start here:
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 28-01-21 at 02:44 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (28-01-21),tristen (28-01-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

How to make a lot of millionaires..... hyperinflation.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-10-21),hinekadon (04-02-21),lsemmens (04-02-21),Radioguy7268 (04-02-21)

Premium Member

Thanks

At present it is obvious that hydrogen in not competitive, BUT if expected, advancement is achieved there may be a future, maybe the Japs have got it right
    Read in the last day or so of a Brisbane company selling hydrogen technology to the Philippine government, who are totally reliant on imported energy, so there is a lot of development and don't forget electricity will soon be free or near free during the height of the day reducing costs further.
    Believe hydrogen powered vehicles are 80% + efficient
    I will continue to dream on

Found it
    Last edited by allover; 04-02-21 at 03:19 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (04-02-21)

Thanks

IT HAS BEGUN !

While everybody else is complaining about Covid killing our the economy(which seems to consist only of pubs and restaurants these days) and how bad renewables will be for us, our Aussie version of Elon Musk is actually doing something rather big about it.
    Yesssss... bring manufacturing back to Australia and in coal infested Gladstone of all places but even Palaszczuk likes him now and we will be finally world leaders at something with a big future:

Premium Member

Thanks

Wonder how those luminaries in the National Party are going to react to this information

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Yep, Hydrogen economy really isn't going to pan out. I wouldn't completely discount it, but in general terms I wouldn't bet your house on it.
    The economy Hydrogen has to compete with is Petrol, LPG, LNG and Electricity.
    I can make Hydrogen almost for free, the problem is how a schmuck like me can store it (compress it), sell it or use it.

I have basically an endless source of free electricity, my only problem is how to store it or sell it. I can certainly use it without any problems.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

Today, to generate enough hydrogen which can produce 1kW of electricity we need to consume roughly 2.4kW of electrical energy. That is when you account for all processes needed to generate, compress, convert etc.
    Not saying it is not our future but the above is today balance.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Yep, Hydrogen economy really isn't going to pan out. I wouldn't completely discount it, but in general terms I wouldn't bet your house on it.
    The economy Hydrogen has to compete with is Petrol, LPG, LNG and Electricity.
    I can make Hydrogen almost for free, the problem is how a schmuck like me can store it (compress it), sell it or use it.

I have basically an endless source of free electricity, my only problem is how to store it or sell it. I can certainly use it without any problems.
    \

Trash, I have the answer for you, store it in a Zeppelin tied to the gable of your roof, it will have a duel purpose as not only will you be able to use it to store hydrogen, you can also use it for free, or nearly free transport, just a note of caution, it has been known that there are a few minor problems associated with them

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

enf (10-10-21),lsemmens (11-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

...and Twiggy provides the solution!

As I mentioned above it gets converted to Ammonia.
    Twiggy has already test vehicles running with it and this will be for heavy industry including ships.

People need to get away from the idea of using Hydrogen directly in small vehicles, that is not the aim.
    Hydrogen/Ammonia will be used to store energy that gets converted back to electricity when required, when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow.
    And Hydrogen will also be used to create green steel.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

spending that much money building all the infrastructure isnt just done willy nilly there must be a solid business plan to it all. Bring it on i say. Ive been to the Toyota plant in Japan , seen the Mirai up close and it looks like a nice but complicated car. I read that the govt provides a 40% rebate on that model when bought new and they dont have an end of life penalty. to make it more attractive Japan are also going gangbusters installing hydrogen filling stations all over the country.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

allover (12-10-21),Uncle Fester (11-10-21)

Thanks

I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised about Perrottet on this one:

Not so conservative after all. Maybe it was just time we had a younger mind at the helm who can fathom that when there is a demand for change, it can be done.

After all Hydrogen is the prime source of all energy in the Universe and about time we started using it.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast