Thread: Expanding my knowledge base

Thanks

Lightbulb Expanding my knowledge base

Hi all,

First off, i will apologize im not sure if im posting in the correct forum. If i could be pointed in the right direction after i have explained my post that would be great.

Ok, i live in perth WA. im fairly tech savy, i have set up afairly decent home network complete with security cams, qnap nas, solar power system and a few other odds and ends. However i have never really dabbled with satellite tech.

It just so happens i have 2 old foxtel dishes on the roof. And i have also been asked if i can use them to gain access to free to air tv from different countries.

My questions are as follows;

Can the dishes be modified with different parts eg lnb /lnbf to gain access to more / different channels? If so where might i find a chanel listing / guide?

What kind of STB should i be looking at so that i can stream the sat tv, across my network. And can my qnap tvs-872xt be used to facilitate said streaming?

Is it possible to add a motorized mount bracket that can be remotley controlled via a pc to lock onto different signals. If so any sugestions.

The main free to air tv i was interested in trying to receive was all eropean i.e france, germany, belgium etc and ofcourse uk. If this isnt possible with an old foxtel dish, what would be some recomendations, of extra learning documentation on size, price, function etc on different satellites and there frequencies / band.

After all that, is there any general ideas on what i could do with the dishes. I had an idea to try and connect my place with my bros house (450m away as crow flies) but not sure were to get started on that one.

Any feedback, direction or advice welcome.

And again my apologies if i have incorectly posted this post.

Thank you for your time.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

try satbeams or lyngsat

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

bugger all fta available on ku these days.....

if you have a good nbn connection iptv is the way to go.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

gulliver (27-01-21)