Thread: AV sender unit query

Thanks

Default AV sender unit query

Hi all,

Not sure what the hell is going on here but hopefully somebody can work it out. i'll post in dot point so I don't cofuse myself with paragraphs of writing.

Prior to buying a new smart TV she was able to watch what was being transmitted via the AV sender even if the downstairs tv (this is where Reel TV is connected to). Since the new TV taking place of the old one downstairs she can't watch what is transmitted when she turns the downstairs tv off.

. My mum has a TV downstairs and another TV upstairs
    . On the downstairs tv she has reel tv connected to it
    . Out of the Reel TV unit there is a HDMI cable connected straight to the TV
    . There is also an AV cable (Red, White and Yellow) coming out of the Reel TV unit into the AV sender
    . The AV Transmitter sends the signal from the downstairs TV to the AV reciever located next to the TV upstairs. I have done this so she can watch the greek channel when she is in bed
    . if the downstairs tv is on, you can watch the reel tv channel on the upstairs tv
    . If I turn off the downstairs tv, the AV sender stops transmitting. When I turn it back on, the signal starts transmitting again
    . I have tried changing the dip switches on the bottom of the AV sender in case the remote frequency was playing funny games with me but that didn't help.

I find this strange especially because the AV cable coming out of the Reel TV box goes straight into the AV transmitter so whether the downstairs TV is on or off, the signal is still going straight from the Reel TV box into the AV transmitter and transmitted to the upstairs tv so she can watch it.

Any help on this one would be appreciated

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Perhaps the HDMI connection from the TV to the box turns it off, or stops it's output when the TV is turned off.

What happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable from the Reel TV box... does it stay on?

Thanks

I think you are right about the tv/turning it off when the TV is off.

When I initially installed it on her old TV it was doing 5he same thing and I can't remember where I read it but I changed a setting with the HDMI and it fixed the problem. I don't remember where I read it or what I did but it was some setting about HDMI power or something like that.

I'll try what you suggest and disconnect the HDMI and see if that works.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Perhaps the HDMI connection from the TV to the box turns it off, or stops it's output when the TV is turned off.

What happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable from the Reel TV box... does it stay on?
    Having a bit more of a read after reading your post, I think I need to turn off Anynet+. This is what I found on the internet

"Anynet+ is the Samsung trading name for a feature of HDMI called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) referred to as HDMI-CEC. It's designed to allow users to command and control devices attached by HDMI with a single remote control. ... Anynet+ is enabled on the HDMI ports on most Samsung TVs manufactured after 2008."

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Yes, that's what I was alluding to.... the TV is 'instructing' the Reel box to turn off via HDMI.

Likely just a setting, as you mentioned.