Thread: Samsung soundbar volume very low when connected using the optical cable

Thanks

Default Samsung soundbar volume very low when connected using the optical cable

Just wondering if anybody has encountered a similar issue and if a fix has been found with the volume level on my Samsung Soundbar connected to my TV using the optical cable

I recently bought a Samsung tv (QLED Q80T) and a Samsung Soundbar (HW-R550) and connected it up using BT. Everything worked fine until I noticed that the soundbar wouldn't turn on automatically after it has been off all night.

If the tv has been off for a short amount of time and I turn it on again I found that it does automatically turn on the Soundbar when I turn on the tv again. f the duration is too long, I need to turn on the soundbar again with the soundbar remote or by pressing the power button on the side of the soundbar.

I searched through the manual and changed some settings in regards to Bluetooth power but it still won't turn on automatically after a long time being off (overnight).

I gave up on the BT method so I then tried connecting using an optical cable.

All seemed to work well. It would automatically turn on when the tv was turned on after being off all night using Auto Power Link but I noticed that the volume was nowhere near where it should be. I would have to turn the volume to full to get it to any reasonable volume. This happened with normal terrestrial tv, YouTube but not Spotify. The Spotify volume was where it should be.

Samsung support are bloody hopeless.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Try Hdmi arc connection and make sure cec is enabled on both.

Samsung anynet they call it.

1. Open the External Device Manager. To activate HDMI-CEC, go to the External Device Manager, found under the General Settings menu.

2. Activate CEC. The first option in the External Device Manager is Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Select this item, and press Enter to activate the feature.

Once HDMI-CEC is activated, you can use it with any HDMI-connected device that supports the CEC standard.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hoe; 09-02-21 at 07:37 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

Lobby Dosser (26-06-21),slick1 (09-02-21),tristen (09-02-21)

Thanks

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I guess I just need a standard HDMI cable?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slick1 View Post
    Thanks. I'll give it a go. I guess I just need a standard HDMI cable?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Standard is fine unless your soundbar supports hd audio formats, then I'd get an ultra high speed cable for peace of mind.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

slick1 (09-02-21)