Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: implied inclusion house listing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

What's the story with the area on the right.
    Is that a separate block?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

A bit off topic, and I may have posted about this once before, ages ago. In about the mid 70's, my old man bought a house in Toowoomba. One afternoon while he's sitting watching telly, he gets a knock on the door. When he opened the door, this old bloke standing there says.. "do you realise you are trespassing?"

My old man says "What are you talking about, I just bought this house, I'm the new owner."

The old bloke "That's all well and good, but the house is on my property"

Apparently the house was built on the wrong block of land.. From memory, the bloke who owned the land had bought it years before as an investment, and hadn't even visited it in years. The bloke who thought he owned the house and land, somehow, was mistaken which was his block, when he had it built. He actually owned the block next door.

My old man was lucky that he actually got his money back. I have no idea how the paperwork was even completed, with contracts being signed etc without there being a title search done, but QLD in the 70's, who knows. I don't know for sure what happened between the old bloke who owned the land, and the bloke who built the house, but I think they may have come to some sort of agreement, and the old bloke who owned the land got a cheap house out of it. He could have probably argued the point and got the house for free.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

This is a tough one. You can imagine somebody buying it with that assumption. Seriously, you wouldn't want somebody that stupid as your neighbour.
    Though it might be a bit of an improvement on the current neighbour.

Caveat Emptor - translation - let the buyer eat shit.

But being aware of the ####tardary of real estate agents. I would not hesitate to rain shit on their parade. But that's just me and I have some psychiatric issues in which I feel the need to hurt people who really deserve it.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-02-21)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12