Thread: Funerals

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Funerals

Hi,on the news today was a report that 2 body's were mixed up and the first one was buried.
    The second body was identified as being the wrong one,
    Would it matter what body is in the grave?

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

depends who you tell Best to say nothing and let the worms work it out lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

gulliver (16-02-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Would it matter what body is in the grave?
    Absolutely. It's a legal requirement to know the identity of the person in a grave.

Not to mention family... having a stranger's body in the grave you reserved for your family member.

Without seeing the report, the body that was buried may have been intended to be cremated... not buried.

There could be all sorts of reasons this is a major issue.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

gulliver (16-02-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks. So the funeral parlour stuffed up?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Thanks. So the funeral parlour stuffed up?
    Again, without seeing the report, it's difficult to tell.

What were the circumstances how the mix-up was discovered?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

correct identity is very important to the family of the loved one . I certainly wouldnt like it if some Muzzie terrorist scum was accidently buried in our family plot or if my family member was desecrated by thier pagan practices....

Thanks

Watched this on the morning news.. so the facts may still be a bit suss...

Family opened the Coffin to pay their last respects and discovered the Person laying with in was not their dearly departed family member, there was another Funeral from the same company 2hrs earlier that they believe had the "missing" persons remains...

Basically the funeral home stuffed up and labeled the coffins wrong..

Hugely Embarrassing for the Funeral Home and the staff.. but easily fixed as they caught it early.. dig up, clean / replace coffin, Double check ID of each stiff, send to correct family, have 2 new funerals if wanted.. rebury... Sorted and Funeral home wears the cost for said fix....

Just a huge stress on the family already grieving.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

gulliver (17-02-21),mtv (17-02-21),RFI-EMI-GUY (17-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    Watched this on the morning news.. so the facts may still be a bit suss...

Family opened the Coffin to pay their last respects and discovered the Person laying with in was not their dearly departed family member, there was another Funeral from the same company 2hrs earlier that they believe had the "missing" persons remains...

Basically the funeral home stuffed up and labeled the coffins wrong..

Hugely Embarrassing for the Funeral Home and the staff.. but easily fixed as they caught it early.. dig up, clean / replace coffin, Double check ID of each stiff, send to correct family, have 2 new funerals if wanted.. rebury... Sorted and Funeral home wears the cost for said fix....

Just a huge stress on the family already grieving.
    I think this will be happening more and more due to Covid and people being restricted from the normal process of visiyptation an a viewing.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    correct identity is very important to the family of the loved one . I certainly wouldnt like it if some Muzzie terrorist scum was accidently buried in our family plot or if my family member was desecrated by thier pagan practices....
    Wow. Just wow,...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Personally. The body is just a shell for who you are. One the person is dead, it matters not (to me) what happens to a body. I do understand the need for family members (still living) to have some connection with the deceased, and, for that reason alone, it is an error that should not happen. I had a funeral service for my wife and intend to spread her ashes over a place that meant a lot to us in our youth. Once done, there will be no indication of where her mortal remains are. I've often said, "once I am dead you can feed me to the dog, I'm not going to need this body any more." (don't have one at the moment, so it would be hard). We also had an open casket for those who, because of COVID, were unable to see her in hospital before she passed, but, for me, it was no big deal. We live. we die, there is no escaping that. We came into this world with nothing, and we can take nothing out. What we leave behind is way more important.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

gordonwh40 (17-02-21),gulliver (17-02-21),hazman (17-02-21)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

theres no pockets in shrouds , the person is DEAD gone finito thats final no more giving something to grab a hold of is a waste of time effort and money ? nothing is going to bring them back , the parasites tailing death are religious shylocks after ill gotten gains in a couple of years they have gone to a unrecognisable state. My opinion is to let sleeping dogs lie ???

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

gulliver (18-02-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    Or some nazi asshole... LOL. What is funny though, is that you don't know the difference between The Muslim faith and Pagans...
    Last edited by admin; 18-02-21 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Respond without a personal insult, you know the rules

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (17-02-21),Uncle Fester (17-02-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Personally. The body is just a shell for who you are. One the person is dead, it matters not (to me) what happens to a body. I do understand the need for family members (still living) to have some connection with the deceased, and, for that reason alone, it is an error that should not happen. I had a funeral service for my wife and intend to spread her ashes over a place that meant a lot to us in our youth. Once done, there will be no indication of where her mortal remains are. I've often said, "once I am dead you can feed me to the dog, I'm not going to need this body any more." (don't have one at the moment, so it would be hard). We also had an open casket for those who, because of COVID, were unable to see her in hospital before she passed, but, for me, it was no big deal. We live. we die, there is no escaping that. We came into this world with nothing, and we can take nothing out. What we leave behind is way more important.
    Our body ...or probably more appropriate

It is all about those who are left behind who have to deal with what the deceased left behind.

A lot of people have a last directive(I assume you discussed the ashes thing with your wife) and would like to die in peace knowing it will be followed and failing that will remain a burden for those left behind.

I have a wish list to be buried with certain equipment should I for some strange reason awaken from the dead, my 'prepper' form of dying in peace
    So please don't put me in the wrong coffin with no tools
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 17-02-21 at 06:15 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (18-02-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Or some nazi asshole... LOL. What is funny though, is that you don't know the difference between The Muslim faith and Pagans... farkin dropkick.
    my apologies , with regard to Muzzies i would normally use the word neanderthal but accidently used the word pagan instead

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    A lot of people have a last directive(I assume you discussed the ashes thing with your wife) and would like to die in peace knowing it will be followed and failing that will remain a burden for those left behind.
    Actually, I don't recall discussing any of this with my wife. That said, we knew each other very well, and I know that she would be happy with my decision given that two of our best friends' ashes were also spread at the same spot.

FWIW, hinekadon, I am one of those "religious shylocks", and of the churches that I have been involved in over the years, much of their money goes into helping those genuinely in need. Of course there are some who think that they can profit from such a venture, but it is way easier to make (scam) money in other ways. The only reason you hear about the problem children in churches is because they are held to a higher standard, and so they should be!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...