Thread: Hills NX148E & DTU 3G

Thanks

Default Hills NX148E & DTU 3G

I've recently moved into a new building (industrial), previously the owner has had a security company provide monitoring services to the security system that is attached. I've outlined this below:

* 2 x Hills NX148E
    * DTU 3G/IP Plus - link:

Attached to the NX148E are 4 sensors which trigger off movement. The screens on both Hills devices show that the system is inactive (the previous company monitoring the system has disabled it upon the request of the old owner).

I wish to take control of the system and had some questions.

1. As I don't have access to the 2 SIM cards (Optus & Telstra) attached to the DTU 3G device, is it easy enough to simply purchase another unit which replaces this which will provide me with my own 2 SIM cards?
    2. From my understanding, I'll need some sort of command/control center - I am unfamiliar with the software that is the industry standard, what do people generally use/do when taking control over their own alarm systems in this case?

I have the documentation ready to reset/re-program the Hills devices, is there anything else recommended?

Thank you!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The DTU 3G unit can only be used for back to base monitoring. They are not normal sim cards.
    The alarm can be used as a local alarm.
    If you require back to base monitoring contact a security alarm company.

The NX148E is only the model of the keypads.
    There will be a alarm control panel onsite. Maybe a NX16 or Reliance 128 for that model keypad.

Thanks

Hey secure,

Thanks for replying, I've taken a look at the control board where all the wires connect to, sticker says it's an NX-8V2.

In relation to the keypad programming, I've gone through the manual and can program that without any problems.

I am fairly sure I'll need to replace the DTU3G unit with something that can monitor/communicate with myself as opposed to a command centre.

Is there a module that's well sought after to replace the DTU3G unit? something that will allow me control locally. Ideally I would simply just like to be able to arm/disarm the alarm system via mobile (bonus if I can do this via an app on the phone or PC/Mac).

Thank you once again for replying.

Thanks

You can use a Comnav module and connect it to your home data network.
    This will give you app control and push notifications.

Otherwise just a simple gsm dialler module like Ness sell and a sim card. This will only call for alarm events.