Thread: Dung Puncher in Cabinet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Dung Puncher in Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Not quite right:

see
    It’s 100% correct.

He was detained by provisions of a COURT ORDER. As I posted above, the provisions are there to detain people for certain offences, but they must go before a court after arrest, and evidence must be presented to a magistrate or judge to justify the detention. That is exactly what happened in that case. Did you even read the documents you claim suggest something to the contrary?

Thanks

We are nit picking, he wasn't charged with anything.

But this thread is all about a minister who is accused of a serious offence not immediately standing aside while the matter is investigated. That is what is wrong in this case.

Thanks

One thought-

see
    Why would the woman contact former PM Turnbull after he had left office?

Perhaps it was because the perpetrator was the person who replaced him?

If so that might explain the inaction by Morrison? Who knows?
    OK, just discovered my guess above was off track, the Minister has just been named:

C E N S O R E D
    see

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    and again if she was that intelligent , she wouldn't have committed suicide.
    Don't be too harsh, there is information suggesting that she didn't. But we'll have to wait for the SA coroner's report to see if that goes anywhere.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 02-03-21 at 10:27 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    ....what a load of bullshit - if this woman had any sort of intelligence she would have gone to the cops right away.
    Many people, women included, who have been raped do not report it due to embarrassment and a sense of guilt that they might have been (partly) to blame (due to possibly sending wrong signals to perpetrator).

As for "going to hospital for a check-up" ..... again, embarrassment (as above). The examination is very invasive according to an emergency department doctor I once knew.

.... and again if she was that intelligent , she wouldnt have committed suicide.
    I had a friend, who was a highly acclaimed research scientist, who attempted suicide several times, but was saved due to the unexpected and timely arrival of another person.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (02-03-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

We are nit picking, he wasn't charged with anything.
    Haneef was indeed charged with ‘providing support to a terrorist organisation’. To suggest otherwise to support a false narrative is incorrect.

Thanks

Hey RogerTheDoger

I hereby allege that you assaulted me 25 years ago.

By your previous comments the you should now be stood down from your position & your name etc publicly announced. Does that sound fair to you?

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-03-21),hinekadon (02-03-21),lsemmens (03-03-21),peteramjet (02-03-21),VroomVroom (03-03-21),wotnot (02-03-21)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

madtech is dead right , I also allege that roger the dodger had sex with my dead grandmother via a anal passage 26 years ago and he should be publicly named for this heinous crimes but sorry dna evidence wasnt available at that time but the main stream media alledged it was correct and she committed suicide so her next door neighbor said ! FFS grow up and stop this shit raking . Get a life dunderhead

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-03-21),VroomVroom (03-03-21)

Thanks

I remember the events well boys, I've stood down and all is well with the world.

Thanks for your wishes. Bye.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Awww! C'mon, Roger, your OWN Quote says
    His arrest followed the attempted terrorist car bombings
    AND
    The woman knew the man when they were teenagers.
    Seriously? What did you do as a teenager?????? Need I say more?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Awww! C'mon, Roger, ... What did you do as a teenager
    Nothing, I can't prove something that just didn't happen, I'm going to take some medical leave to reassess my position.

Thanks

Meanwhile back in the jungle some politicians are speaking:
    see

Nationals MP Barnaby Joyce has made a plea for an independent inquiry into rape allegations against Christian Porter, saying many people, including some Liberal MPs, want his “head on a plate”.

Porter, the attorney general, is on mental health leave this week and has strongly denied raping a woman when they were both teenagers in 1988.

The prime minister, Scott Morrison, is resisting calls from lawyers, women’s advocates, human rights groups, Labor and crossbench MPs for an independent inquiry, saying there was “no alternative process” available to him.

He has backed Porter’s decision to stay put as first law officer of the land.

“Christian Porter may not want an independent inquiry but he has got one by default,” Joyce wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday. “A demeaning, cathartic inquisition by the press and opposition.”

An independent inquiry would offer a more “dignified” alternative otherwise the allegations could “hang like a fog” over Porter’s “remarkable career”, the New England MP said.

“Christian knows many in the opposition and some on his own side don’t want the truth unless it comes with his head on a plate. They just want his scalp.

“They will ultimately get what they want unless he can refer them to a deliberation on the allegation, beyond reasonable questions of efficacy.”

Joyce said he did not want Porter to “end up sitting at the back of the chamber under the exit sign where my colleagues have kindly placed me”.

He linked his stance on the matter to his own experiences – having been the subject of sexual harassment allegations in 2018, which contributed to his resignation as deputy prime minister. He has vehemently denied the allegations.

On Saturday, Labor senator Katy Gallagher said the only way for Porter to clear his name was to have an independent process.

“This will not go away,” she said. “The prime minister needs to take action”.

The South Australian coroner is weighing up whether to launch an inquest into the death of the woman at the centre of historical rape allegations against Porter.

NSW police detectives met with the woman in Sydney in February last year and had contact with her on at least five occasions over the next three months.

However, on 23 June, she indicated in an email to NSW police she did not wish to proceed with the complaint and two days later SA police advised them she had died. NSW police are no longer investigating.

Meanwhile, the prime minister and the Labor leader, Anthony Albanese, have agreed to a review of workplace culture at Parliament House to be led by sex discrimination commissioner Kate Jenkins.

Jenkins has asked for staff members and politicians to provide their first-hand experiences, to be treated with sensitivity and confidentiality, with trauma support available. She will provide an interim report midyear and final recommendations in November.

The government has been under intense pressure for weeks after former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins alleged she was raped by a colleague at Parliament House.

Higgins is in a dispute with her former employer – the defence minister, Linda Reynolds – who has apologised for calling her a “lying cow”.

The minister said her words were in response to being criticised for not offering enough support to Higgins, and were not related to the alleged rape.

After Higgins’ lawyers sent a letter threatening to sue Reynolds, she issued a fresh statement apologising for the remarks.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 07-03-21 at 09:40 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Meanwhile back in the jungle some politicians are speaking:
    see
    Cowards all....Porter has been denied natural justice by the lynch mob. Human rights violated and sold out by both the ALP and members of his own party. Not to mention a slap in the face for the police.

ALP...cowards. Nothing said about Bill Shorten, or ALL Porters legal natural rights being flouted. Albanese, a disgrace and a coward.

Bill Shorten...coward. Having endured the same sort of allegations he should have had the courage to speak out. At least Emma Husar did. As a former ALP member of the house she has publicly accused the ALP of "sanctimonious hypocrisy".

I don't know how this will pan out. But if the rule of law is abandoned, then we are doomed. Very NAZI like behaviour in my view. A sad time. Of course there could be a coronial inquest in SA, something both Morrison and Porter have said they will co-operate with. They at least will follow the law.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (08-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The rule of law
    It's all we've been hearing about in this debate, what about truth?

Did no one listen to Grace Tames address to the National Press club? That bit about protecting the rights of the accused person, of stopping the accused persons livelihood being ruined by accusations and the rights of the victim being ignored by calls to observer the rule of law.

Of course Christian Porter can never be convicted of anything under our legal system, his accuser is dead, but should that prevent the truth being revealed?

EDIT: The address by Grace Tame is still available on iView:
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 07-03-21 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks

Christian Porter allegations: independent inquiry no threat to rule of law, legal experts say.
    see

Prof Ben Saul says it’s ‘par for the course’ in Australia for non-criminal inquiries to look at potential criminal matters.

Legal and business experts have said there is no “rule of law” issue with the attorney general, Christian Porter, facing an independent inquiry into an allegation of sexual assault, allegedly committed in 1988.

Porter strenuously denies the allegations that, as a 17-year-old, he raped a 16-year-old girl at a university debating tournament. He told media on Wednesday that if he resigned “there would be no rule of law left to protect in this country”.

Earlier this week, New South Wales police ended an investigation into the matter, saying there was “insufficient admissible evidence”. The complainant died in 2020, and the South Australian coroner has held open the possibility of a coronial inquiry.

Prof Ben Saul from the University of Sydney said that coronial inquiries, royal commissions, civil suits and non-legal independent inquiries frequently were conducted regarding potential criminal matters, and it would “not at all undermine” the rule of law or presumption of innocence.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

What a crock of rationalisation.....

How can the "truth" as you say be obtained without any witnesses? The "truth" is that the police looked into the matter and made a determination based on evidence. As did the police investigation of Bill Shorten.

Justice by lynch mob cowards is unacceptable to me. Perhaps not to you.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (08-03-21),VroomVroom (08-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    How can the "truth" as you say be obtained without any witnesses?
    Let's have an inquiry as outlined by those legal minds who are more competent than you or I, and find out.

Remember the NSW police said "There was insufficient admissible evidence for a conviction". However the truth is not looking for a conviction, under the circumstances it appears that it's not possible, but the truth can be arrived at on the balance of probabilities, like in any civil case.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

all these incidents highlight just exactly how weak our pollies are - the moment things get a tiny bit stressful they go off on mental health leave... Far out , imagine someone in a regular private enterprise job going off for the smallest thing , they would get the sack right away!! It also seems that grubby politics is the first game they play when there is potential for someone to get a promotion. If Christian Porter goes , which is highly unlikely , stand by and watch all the clambering by the accusers in his party trying to get his job....
    BTW no great loss if that fat ugly lesbo defence minister gets pushed out , the whole incident with that staffer just highlights her true way of treating people. What a friggin sook - takes a month off on stress leave , over some name calling ??? wtf ?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Honestly who gives a f???? when death comes

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

wotnot (08-03-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

i find it very difficult to believe .

a 17 year old having sex or raping a girl would be very unlikely to go for the bum hole.

it takes a lot of lube and a very willing and relaxed partner to achieve the desired result, going by my experiences with professional females of the asian persuasion...

the mechanics alone make it highly unlikely, seems more like an embellishment to make the alleged incident more shocking...
    Last edited by hoe; 08-03-21 at 08:39 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (08-03-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

all these incidents highlight just exactly how weak our pollies are - the moment things get a tiny bit stressful they go off on mental health leave... Far out , imagine someone in a regular private enterprise job going off for the smallest thing , they would get the sack right away!
    the only difference between private enterprise and pollies is the face that the pollies are under the rule of the mob. In private enterprise most of their lives are just that, PRIVATE. In public office EVERYTHING is public, a pollie can't take a dump without someone reporting on it and "the mob" complaining that he was doing his business on the "public" purse.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

wotnot (08-03-21)

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast