Thread: Compressor preassure

Thanks

Default Compressor preassure

Hi All
    Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the preassure of a compressor so that it cuts off at a higher preassure?
    at the moment the compressor cuts out at 115psi. can that be increased to 125psi?

I have a tool that needs the additional pressure.

Thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

You'll have to look at the pressure cut out switch, if it's designed for 115 psi, then you could be SOOL,
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

take the cover off the p/sw locate the spring there is a screw on the top of the spring screw it down and see if it increases ok

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    Hi All
    Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the preassure of a compressor so that it cuts off at a higher preassure?
    at the moment the compressor cuts out at 115psi. can that be increased to 125psi?

I have a tool that needs the additional pressure.

Thanks in advance
    What is the tool you need extra pressure for? What does it state on the tool for the air pressure and delivery required?
    Are you sure it's not a higher rate of delivery that is required, rather than higher pressure? ie how many Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)
    Most air tools will operate at 100PSI OK, but many might need a higher rate of delivery than your compressor can deliver.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    What is the tool you need extra pressure for? What does it state on the tool for the air pressure and delivery required?
    Are you sure it's not a higher rate of delivery that is required, rather than higher pressure? ie how many Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)
    Most air tools will operate at 100PSI OK, but many might need a higher rate of delivery than your compressor can deliver.

it states operating pressure 120-200psi.

from what i can see my FAD is ok. My compressor is fairly big with 320L FAD but the pressure is 115psi from factory.
    Is it dangerous changing this setting?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

The required pressure for the jack, does seem high (generally around the 90PSI to 120PSI), but your Flow Rate or Free Air Delivery is in either Cubic Feet per Minute, or Litres per Minute, or Litres per Second. So are you saying the receiver is 350L (which is pretty big for a home compressor), or your FAD is 350 Litres Per Minute?

Yes dicking around with the pressure cut out switch isn't a good idea, but your safety valve is probably set to 125 PSI anyway, if your max operating pressure is 115 PSI.

Do you have the jack already, and it isn't working, or are you hoping to "improve" your compressor in anticipation of getting one?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

yes you will need the extra pressure at the max load of this jack or it just wont work at max load the air is just to make it easier to handle 20 tons changing the pressure switch is a nothing as the blow off valve is the safety feature so you cant do any damage to the unit I normally run mine at 130 psi as it good for painting some fine paints , and it pumps up tires quickly lol you may have to remove the regulator as they become very unreliable at high pressures but 130 psi is ok . cheer don