Thread: Getflix Support: Not in your lifetime it seems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Getflix Support: Not in your lifetime it seems

(Rant begins)

Back in April 2016 I took advantage of a Getflix lifetime account offer. Everything went along swimmingly until about the middle of 2017 when I forgot my password.

No problem contact Support and the matter will be resolved. In my dreams. Eventually with much to-ing and fro-ing I received an email from them asking for a photo of my driver's licence. It and my bank details stay in my wallet. After trying every password that I could ever remember I eventually kicked the proverbial goal. Very quickly changed it to one that I would not forget.

Once again everything went along swimmingly until recently when I tried to log in only to be greeted by a pop-up stating that my account had been disabled.

Once again contact Support to sort it all out. Deja vue! Despite me stating that the login email address was not current they are still 'talking' about sending an email to the old address and the usual to-ing and fro-ing.

The following is the latest email:

"Hello xxxx,

Thank you for your message.

Accounts can get disabled if the email server stops responding for security reason. Looks like this is what happened on this account.

We need some kind of verification of the ownership otherwise we can not change other account details with a request coming from different email addresses.

We can verify ownership with the following information:

- ID information matching with the account owner details in our records
    - Paypal or credit card information match with the payment service
    - PayPal subscription ID information or Promo code information matching with the account.
    - Request coming from the same email address of the PayPal account.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help " (Love the smiley!)

This morning I was able to find and email the details of the Paypal transaction. Nothing yet.

It is often joked that trained monkeys populate call centres, etc. I have come to the conclusion that the Getflix Support Centre does not even have that level of intelligence.

I have asked very specific questions that have remained unanswered.

Getflix Support simply consists of a random email generator, click, click, click, send.

If I am not who I say I am why would I be concerned if another person's Getflix account was disabled?

If I am not who I say I am how would I even know that the other person's Getflix account was disabled?

I feel better now.

(Rant ends)
    Last edited by Guiseppe; 12-03-21 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spellig errors.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (12-03-21)

3. Look Here ->