Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct Wireless

Thanks

Default Direct Wireless

Anyone using these things?
    i came across one today, i was shocked to see it thrown into an old stu enclosure, powered up off a main panel.

Very interesting, how can this comply to the new standards ?
    Surely it has to be shipped in some sort of metalwork, with cam locks and the required battery backup ??

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So there is certification, but doesn't this cover the "hardware" as well?
    if it doesnt, we have an issue :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    So there is certification, but doesn't this cover the "hardware" as well?
    if it doesnt, we have an issue :P
    I disagree. If you were the manufacturer charged with designing and producing a solution for the high end of the security industry and meeting standards and requirements that are thrown at you from all angles - would you concern yourself with what box it would end up in ?

No - I think this burden falls firmly on the installer.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Telstra and other suppliers dont seem to have an issue supplying metalwork to secure the device in, the standards state you need a cam lock, vibration alarm and some other requirements, which have to be meet to comply..

Then again, standards mean nothing to you, so i dont expect a great response.

Thanks

Telstra and other suppliers dont seem to have an issue supplying metalwork to secure the device in, the standards state you need a cam lock, vibration alarm and some other requirements, which have to be meet to comply.
    Keef I think you will find it is supposed to be housed in the alarm panel enclosure which should be tampered. It should also be powered from the alarm panel which has a back up battery. If you want a completely stand alone unit you need a DTU4, not DTU3 or DTU3+.

Banned
    Thanks

I saw one on a site we installed some access control into, and it was powered down, I thought "how funny, strange even" such a gov site would just power the thing down,

I took it upon myself to power it up and wow it std to SMOKE<

eh eh eh eh, funny as, I just powered it back down and left it in the cupboard, I don't care, dumb client wants to use a multi national for starters, so its their problem not mine. I wonder if they are still paying monitoring on the dumb wireless side?

Thanks

Telstra and other suppliers dont seem to have an issue supplying metalwork to secure the device in, the standards state you need a cam lock, vibration alarm and some other requirements, which have to be meet to comply..
    15 years on the tools taught me that one size box cannot fit all. Sometimes the panel was the size of a TV with plenty of room for mounting add-on devices. Sometimes there was no room within 20 yards of the panel, which meant a seperate PSU and metal housing.

Do you expect the manufacturers of signalling equipment to develop their own cam lock, vibration detector and whatever else it takes to provide a secure box ?

Then again, standards mean nothing to you, so i dont expect a great response.
    We worked very hard to meet European standards. They were written by independent representatives from many different countries - and they make sense.

The Australian standards on the other hand.....

written by manufacturers - for manufacturers.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Security-Tech View Post
    I saw one on a site we installed some access control into, and it was powered down, I thought "how funny, strange even" such a gov site would just power the thing down,

eh eh eh eh, funny as, I just powered it back down and left it in the cupboard, I don't care, dumb client wants to use a multi national for starters, so its their problem not mine. I wonder if they are still paying monitoring on the dumb wireless side?
    Remind me never to get you to do work - You had no idea why something was powered down, so instead of asking, you take it upon yourself to power it up!! You didn't bother to ask why it was like that - you obviously didn't have the common sense to think that maybe it wasn't powered up for a reason - it could have been like that because it had taken a power surge etc. Just another attempt to bag the product.

Your actions are what give Security Techs a bad name for lack of knowledge and professionalism

Thanks

Anyone using these things?
    Obviously you don't do any 'high end' work as thousands have been installed since January.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webtech View Post
    Obviously you don't do any 'high end' work as thousands have been installed since January.
    lol, we do, i do high end work, fortunately we use a device that works, and comes with the appropriate mounting enclosure :P

Oh, did i mention, the devices we use, stay online
    ?

Thanks

Gees, i thought it was going to be a bash steve from ipalarms session since he dropped the bait. It now looks like scsi want a piece of the action as well.
    Anyone from suretech want to join in as well and it will be just like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    Do you expect the manufacturers of signalling equipment to develop their own cam lock, vibration detector and whatever else it takes to provide a secure box ?
    I'll let you into a secret steve, you can buy them over the counter so no need to invest millions developing them. You can use those savings getting your product to meet Aussie standards now.

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    We worked very hard to meet European standards. They were written by independent representatives from many different countries - and they make sense.

The Australian standards on the other hand.....

written by manufacturers - for manufacturers.
    Last time i looked Steve and correct me if i am wrong, Australia does not need to comply to the European standards for equipment being used here in Austalia. I would take a guess that it would be the same for Europe not recognising Australian Standards in Europe.

Thanks

Come on Webtech, tell the truth for once.
    How many have been sold and what class are you refering to.

Thanks

Thousands, means about 5..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Security-Tech View Post

On the plus side, that site has not had a single false alarm communicated therfore reducing the resources needed to action them by the cms.
    I personally think that it might have been one of the new products scsi will be releasing soon namely a class one smoke alarm test unit.

Thanks

lolll

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

You mean the roll out on 500 odd ATM's? Pretty high-end stuff!! MCM Icon 8 and Direct wireless...

Thanks

lol the industry obviously has no idea what going on.,...

Webtech dont get involved

Thanks

Very interesting, how can this comply to the new standards ?
    Surely it has to be shipped in some sort of metalwork, with cam locks and the required battery backup ??

Mate are you for real !!!

the product is about the size of a packet of cigarrettes and is designed to sit on a multi billion dollar network...fk me...a cam lock is bigger than the product.

Do you actually know what you are talking about...what do you know about AS/NZS2201.5:2008 ??? Please fill us in !!!

Holly shit...watch out terrorists it must be good...it comes in a metal box with a cam lock....lol...fk me...lol

Thanks

lol, we do, i do high end work, fortunately we use a device that works, and comes with the appropriate mounting enclosure :P

Damn in a metal box with a cam lock...there goes my retirement plans !!

Thanks

Oh, did i mention, the devices we use, stay online
    ?

Ok so after companies spending millions $$$$$$$$$$$$ on R & D and producing high end reliable products into the market place...little Keefy who is a technician in an industry that really doesnt demand any qualifications to be labled as a technician and who probably drives around with a ladder on his roof, feels that he is in a position to say what does and does not work !!

Why doesnt he simply come out and say...that he installs what he is told to install and he has no idea about the performace of products that he doesnt install....his decision will normally be emotional and really not qualified. As long as the red wire goes in the positive terminal and the black wire goes in the negative terminal and the pretty lights flash...then it must work..

Keef ...I reckon its good that you think that that only 5 have been sold..that is a clear reflection on your intelligence

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast