Thread: Foxtel iQ4 connection

Thanks

Default Foxtel iQ4 connection

Good morning,

Thank you for letting me joint the AusTech Forums! I've got a few newbie satellite questions in regards to a Foxtel installation at my home.

I have two foxtel cables coming out of the wall which i am running to an iQ 3 box.

I currently have an IQ3 box at home which i have had for a few years. It is connected to a satellitle dish on the building next door which is part of two unit blocks. The dish services both buildings which is around 10 units in total. Have used it with minimal issues. I can Pause, Rewind, Record, Watch on Demand, basically every channel except for one or two. Sky Racing Thoroughbred Central and ABC News 24 i get an F100 message saying not available.

I am running one cable to Input 1 and the other cable to the TV Aerial port on the iQ3 box.

My question is, can i access the 444 Ultra HD 4k channels on an iQ4 box?

I have a 4 way splitter in the ceiling which has one cable going IN and two OUT.

If i can access the 4k channels in my current set up then i guess i don't have to do anything. But if not, can i use a 2x4 splitter from the wall plate to run another cable to the iq4?

Thank you!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Without really knowing your complete setup, from your description I am assuming one of the cables from he wall plate goes to your tv antenna in on the iq3 and the other goes to one of the sat tv inputs. If that's the case then the short answer is NO as the iq3 and 4 have two Sat inputs one doing vert chs and the other Horz chs The two ultra HD chs are on vertical transponders.

If you have two cables going to the two sat inputs then it's a different story.

Best way to check besides looking at the back of the iq3 is go to NHK RT or Daystar chs amd see if you get a picture as these chs are on vert transponders. You said Sky thouraghbreed doesn't work which would be the case if you are not getting vert trapsponsees.

You would need a dual output lnb installed.

Hope that helped
    Last edited by cmoore; 24-03-21 at 05:04 PM.