Thread: Andrew Laming

Thanks

Default Andrew Laming

Andrew Laming MP, member for Bowman based in Cleveland Queensland.

Andrew Laming was educated at the Anglican Church Grammar School. He studied medicine at the University of Queensland and is a fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists. He also holds a Diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, as well as a Master of Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government of Harvard University, a Master of Public Policy from Charles Darwin University and a Master of Philosophy in Public Health from the University of Sydney. He has worked in public health, economics, ophthalmology.
    see

On 23 January 2021, Laming made a Facebook post suggesting that Indigenous Australians were petrol sniffers. He has since claimed that posting "Deny it's Australia Day. That'll help petrol sniffing and school attendance in remote Australia" was not racist.

In March 2021, it was reported that Laming had repeatedly made abusive posts on Facebook targeting two women, with one of the women stating that he had been doing so for six years. Prime Minister Scott Morrison told Laming to apologise for this in parliament before the story was broadcast, which he did. As part of his apology Laming stated that the women are "highly regarded individuals within our Redland community", though in a subsequent exchange he reportedly said that "In this climate – I willingly apologise – I didn't even know what for at 4pm when I did it." On 27 March, after a third woman accused him of misconduct after she accused him of taking a photo of her underwear with his phone as she bent over at work to load a fridge. Laming issued a statement saying, "I will step down from all Parliamentary roles effective immediately and complete both the counselling courses I committed to; as well as additional clinical counselling." It was announced the following day that Laming would not stand for re-election.

Dr Laming said the photo attempted to show someone trying to fit an impossible amount of stock into a fridge.
    "The purpose of the photograph was to show sometimes at work you have these Herculean tasks put to you and she was playing a game of Tetris trying to get every possible can in the fridge," he told ABC radio.
    "All I can do is apologise unreservedly because taking a photo of someone without asking first is a fundamental principle that an MP should be able to adhere to."
    Despite being on taxpayer-funded medical leave to seek counselling and empathy training, the MP hit the airwaves to defend himself.
    Scott Morrison is resisting growing pressure to sack disgraced backbencher Andrew Laming who has launched a new defence of his behaviour.
    Dr Laming will not contest the next election but will remain in the coalition party room after he was confronted with allegations of bullying, stalking and harassment.
    The Queenslander is also under fire for allegedly taking a photo up a woman's skirt at her workplace, which is a criminal offence punishable by up to three years in prison.
    see

Don't know about the rest of you but with that pedigree it would seem that Andrew Laming is ideally suited for membership of this forum.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 30-03-21 at 03:37 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Queensland police are looking into allegations against federal politician Andrew Laming, but no formal complaint has been made.Dr Laming took a photo of a woman as she bent over at a landscaping supply business in 2019, while her underwear was exposed.
    He has not denied taking the photo without the woman’s consent but says there was nothing untoward.
    The woman has spoken to police but is not proceeding with a formal complaint at this stage.
    Dr Laming is also under fire after admitting to bullying, stalking and harassing women over several years.
    The 54-year-old has been given a month of paid medical leave to seek counselling and empathy training.
    But he intends to rejoin the Coalition party room upon his return and remain in parliament until the next election.
    Scott Morrison is resisting pressure to expel the disgraced backbencher because it would plunge the Coalition into minority government.
    see
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 30-03-21 at 03:39 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

Ummmm...I'm not sure what the point of this post is....

1. The guys apparently a sleaze, although I'd never heard of him.
    2. He's moved to the backbench.
    3. He won't recontest at the next election.

Why should he be expelled? He is an elected member of parliament who will continue to serve his electorate. There is no difference to Julia Gillard having Craig Thomson around to keep the vote up. I'm sure each way is calling for it though, the hypocrite that he is.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (31-03-21),gulliver (31-03-21),hinekadon (01-04-21),shred (31-03-21),tristen (31-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of this post is....
    Well he likes perving on women, in fact he has professional qualifications in it:-
    He also holds a Diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
    Laming is outspoken about Aboriginal people:-
    Laming made a Facebook post suggesting that Indigenous Australians were petrol sniffers.

Yes, Andrew Laming would be completely at home here.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 30-03-21 at 06:10 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Well he likes perving on women, in fact he has professional qualifications in it:-

Laming is outspoken about Aboriginal people:-

Yes, Andrew Laming would be completely at home here.
    Ummmm, I'm not sure I get it still.

Is it because you think WE are all like that? Or are you just trolling as usual....bored perhaps?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (31-03-21),hinekadon (30-03-21),tristen (31-03-21),wotnot (30-03-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

did he do bum sex too?

Edit: excuse me if this was mentioned, but it was way too much reading for me... Where is George whe you admit to this stuff? LOL
    Last edited by bob_m_54; 30-03-21 at 09:32 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (31-03-21)

Thanks

Why should he be expelled? He is an elected member of parliament who will continue to serve his electorate.
    Who said he should be expelled? Not me, I just conveyed to this forum some current events regarding a federal Liberal politician who has apparently been misbehaving but who has the full support of the PM. On the other hand a NSW Liberal MP, Member for Upper Hunter, Michael Johnsen, who has also apparently been misbehaving has just been given the bums rush by your favourite Premier, Gladys, who has kicked him out.

To quote on comment, which was applied to one of them, but it could have been either:-
    Parliament is supposed to be the place where our society wrestles with the most important issues of the day, resolving legitimate differences of opinion by peaceful means. It is supposed to be the place where our representatives gather together to enact laws for the common good of the people – laws that bear on matters of life and death. It is supposed to be the pinnacle of our democracy
    see

Thanks

Further information: being expelled may be taken out of the hands of the Liberal party,
    In a statement, a spokesperson for Queensland Police confirmed it had now received the formal complaint.
    "A formal complaint has now been received from a 29-year-old woman in regards to an alleged matter which occurred in 2019. This matter is being assessed by detectives from Cleveland," the statement said.
    see

A conviction may mean that it becomes a constitutional matter, depending what the conviction is, and it will be the GG who tosses him out. Who knows? Someone here who knows more about what happens in the event of a conviction will probably enlighten us all.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    .....Don't know about the rest of you but with that pedigree it would seem that Andrew Laming is ideally suited for membership of this forum.
    Is it because you think WE are all like that?
    Not getting it, when he says he belongs in this forum, he does understand that he is actually posting that comment IN THIS FORUM himself..... wacko
    and there is your bite...
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 30-03-21 at 10:51 PM.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (31-03-21),enf (31-03-21),lsemmens (31-03-21),VroomVroom (31-03-21),wotnot (31-03-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Parliament is supposed to be the place where our society wrestles with the most important issues of the day, resolving legitimate differences of opinion by peaceful means. It is supposed to be the place where our representatives gather together to enact laws for the common good of the people – laws that bear on matters of life and death. It is supposed to be the pinnacle of our democracy
    Where, in that statement is there anything to with the subject of this post. A person could well be a rapist and murderer, but could also be very good at law and could well advise lawyers on their best stratagems. Just because this bloke is a sleaze, does not make him a bad politician, it just makes him a sleaze who should not be re-elected. I understand the govt not wanting to lose him. As has been said, that would put them in a minority and the opposition, then could well and truly hamstring them. This would have the flow on effect that nothing gets done for the rest of their term. NOT GOOD for them, or the country!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Where, in that statement is there anything to with the subject of this post. A person could well be a rapist and murderer, but could also be very good at law and could well advise lawyers on their best stratagems. Just because this bloke is a sleaze, does not make him a bad politician, it just makes him a sleaze who should not be re-elected. I understand the govt not wanting to lose him. As has been said, that would put them in a minority and the opposition, then could well and truly hamstring them. This would have the flow on effect that nothing gets done for the rest of their term. NOT GOOD for them, or the country!
    Just like the ALP with Craig Thomson.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-04-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Not getting it, when he says he belongs in this forum, he does understand that he is actually posting that comment IN THIS FORUM himself..... wacko
    and there is your bite...
    Nor am I, but then...I qualify that with the fact that I had posted reply in one of the OP's previous threads here, that IMHO, the OP is simply in the wrong forum for the sorts of topics they wish to raise for discussion : that simple.

I mean, if it wasn't already obvious, OP primarily posts things centered on political discussions, for which this forum doesn't have a dedicated section (thankfully =) ... and if one were thinking they were taking their political views seriously, posting same in a technical forum like AusTech, under Miscellaneous/General Chat, is truly relegating their political views to the inconsequential realm of 'general chat'. I feel OP would be much better served, finding an appropriate forum that better suits the topics they wish to raise, like for instance ... or FB =)

In ye olde forum speak, I think the term "don't feed the parrots" applies - eventually, they move on.

edit: Oh damn, apologies Al....AFL tipping, is of course, very political =)
    Last edited by wotnot; 31-03-21 at 01:06 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (31-03-21),lsemmens (31-03-21)

Thanks

Yes, Andrew Laming would fit in here perfectly, the nastiness he has displayed to members of his electorate is very comparable to the nastiness I have experienced from a number of members of this forum, both in this and other threads.

Welcome Andrew, you'll be quite at home here.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What are you on?

He never called someone a nazi by virtue of their name and accent as far as I know...

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (01-04-21)

Thanks

There is a subtle difference between a third party comment and a second party insult, perhaps too subtle for some.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Or imagined by the deluded....anyway, I think you've trolled enough today, so go to bed and get some sleep. There's a good boy.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (01-04-21),eaglem (01-04-21),hinekadon (01-04-21),mtv (09-04-21),wotnot (01-04-21)