Thread: How to record from HDMI source

Thanks

Default How to record from HDMI source

Looking for solution to record the HDMI output from an Android Set Top Box. A HDMI to composite RCA convertor into a HDD recorder works but the quality is noticeably compromised.

Some TV's with recording function can record live channels but can they record from HDMI input ?
    Are there any HDD recorders with HDMI input ?

Any advice input appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

For example ->

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

One possible solution if you already have a HD FTA recorder is DVB-T modulator.
    So far, after installing 14 of these units, I have not had a call back. It just works and I use two of them at home.
    A HDMI splitter such as is also needed to allow simultaneous viewing.
    Simply input the output of the splitter to the modulator and the other output goes to your chosen display device.
    This topology relies upon an RF back channel. Tedious work if not already present; however, not hard to implement.
    Tune the HD recorder to your chosen channel from the modulator and away you go.
    One detail not included in the pitiful User's Manual of the WS-6990 is that HDCP needs to be enabled by pressing the "RETURN" button for more than 5 seconds.
    LCN, RF output level, RF Channel can all be set via the LCD Menu. Best it can do is 1080p which still looks good; be sure that the maximum resolution output from the source equals the modulator's capabilities.
    Not too many years ago, I dreamed of having such a product for so little cost.
    Whilst I have a fondness for old analog electronics, I accept with alacrity the modern digital world of video display and transmission.

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov