Thread: Yaesu FT 7B Tranciever

Member Feedback Score 0 tytower's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yaesu FT 7B Tranciever

I have a Yaesu FT 7B Tranciever about 20 years old that has rarely been used . This one has been modified and is 12 volts and 20 odd amps so it puts out about 100 watts of transmit power.

This is some data on the FT7 but thee FT7B is a much more powerful beast.
    The power transistors have been beefed up on this unit so it needs a full 20 amp power supply.
    Features
    • 80-10 meters
    • 100 kHz Calibrator
    • Receiver Offset Tuning
    • Semi-break-in with sidetone
    • Compact Size
    • Internal VFO / Ext. VFO / Fixed (optional)
    • MOS FET Receiver Front-End
    • Single Knob Tuning
    The Yaesu FT-7 amateur transceiver covers 80 to 10 meters in CW, LSB and USB modes. Power input is 20 watts. It features an accurata linear . Operation is from 12 VDC at 3 Amps. (230x80x290mm 5 kg). Shown above with optional YF-846 hand mic.
    The Yaesu FT-7B is very similar to the FT-7, but the rear panel has a jack for (optional) external frequency display instead of external VFO.

PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by tytower; 17-04-21 at 08:19 AM.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Look Here ->
    Junior Member Feedback Score 0
    Thanks

Default Ft7b

Gday Ty,

I am about to purchase an FT7B, it is standard unit, so could you advise the price you are looking to get for your rig? that has the slightly better rear end in it.

Happy to pay for the circuit diagram for the mods if that is also possible.

Not seen anyone local beef up the FT7B to 100 watts.

regards

BoB....

• 09-05-21, 04:41 AM

Member Feedback Score 0 tytower's Avatar
    Thanks

I pulled the back off and laid it flat ,then changed the finals but can't remember what power transistors I used . Ill look into it when I get over there again but they might have been a japanese brand at the time . Let you know .

The main power is fed to one leg of the 4 pin transistor and the normal feed to the other . Nothing special required . Works very well.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.