Thread: Upgrading a NX8 to solution 6000 dialler issues.

Thanks

Default Upgrading a NX8 to solution 6000 dialler issues.

G'Day all

I recently upgraded a NX system to solution 6000 and all is well apart from the dialler... Telstra SNP said its an "ultra sync" type 3G dialler but ive never come accross one of these before and the guy at the monitoring centre said it didnt need a destination phone number. It was plugged into the NX panels native phone jack, so i naturally just plugged it into the 6000's phone jack only for test alarms not to go through...

Curiosity got the better of me and I fired up the NX and got the config, and the destination phone is "12345678" it has an account code and the format is "1" which is contact ID on the NX's from memory? (feel free to correct me here)

Wondering if the Solution 6000 is compatible with the ultra sync or if i should get a permaconn and let that be the end of it? I havnt tried putting "12345678" in the 6000 as a destination phone number yet, just wanted to go there armed with a bit more info as its a 160km rount trip...

Any info is appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I don't think the panel will even try to use the dialler without an 8-digit number to dial. Even with Permaconn this is best practice. I know with recent firmware revisions on the 6000, the account number is programmed differently to earlier versions. I think the earlier ones used to be 000000xxxx, whereas the new ones are xxxx000000 (where xxxx is the account number). I vaguely recall needing to change another option last time I set up a new 6000 for a Permaconn. If I find where I wrote it down, I'll post it here.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

Mr-Resistance (31-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Resistance View Post
    G'Day all

I recently upgraded a NX system to solution 6000 and all is well apart from the dialler... Telstra SNP said its an "ultra sync" type 3G dialler but ive never come accross one of these before and the guy at the monitoring centre said it didnt need a destination phone number. It was plugged into the NX panels native phone jack, so i naturally just plugged it into the 6000's phone jack only for test alarms not to go through...

Curiosity got the better of me and I fired up the NX and got the config, and the destination phone is "12345678" it has an account code and the format is "1" which is contact ID on the NX's from memory? (feel free to correct me here)

Wondering if the Solution 6000 is compatible with the ultra sync or if i should get a permaconn and let that be the end of it? I havnt tried putting "12345678" in the 6000 as a destination phone number yet, just wanted to go there armed with a bit more info as its a 160km rount trip...

Any info is appreciated.
    If its that far away, just use a permacon. Add phone number of 12345678. Add account number at menu 220. Turn 4 off at menu 534 and set menu 534 to 1 ring. Last 2 will allow remote acces for control room. If you want wire output 1 of Permacon to IN on 6000 and set menu 350 to 2 (to allow remote arming). I feel like anything UltaSync related will just end badly on a 6000. btw as always with permaconn, wire phone lead directly to board.

• The Following User Says Thank You to realistix For This Useful Post:

Mr-Resistance (31-05-21)

Thanks

You will still need a phone number and account number in panel, it doesn't matter what it is, as the Ultrasync unit will use it's own stored programming like phone number and account number to send events to monitoring centre.

Permaconn unit would be better.

Also extend dialler kiss off or supervision etc to prevent dialler trouble. Can't remember exact setting. But should be enabled with any GSM/GPRS unit on the Sol 6000

Edit- if needed,
    in menu 521 turn ON option 6

Sometimes
    in menu 522 turn ON option 6 and/or 7
    Last edited by secure; 31-05-21 at 11:09 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

Mr-Resistance (02-06-21)

Thanks

I went with the Permacon unit in the end. Worked first go. I did notice that the permacon unit came with the wiring in the connector wired up incorrectly to the data sheet... I went off the local resources supplied by the Bosch dealer and it was all OK... If anyone wants those wiring diagrams PM me and im happy to forward them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Resistance View Post
    I went with the Permacon unit in the end. Worked first go. I did notice that the permacon unit came with the wiring in the connector wired up incorrectly to the data sheet... I went off the local resources supplied by the Bosch dealer and it was all OK... If anyone wants those wiring diagrams PM me and im happy to forward them.
    It would not be wired incorrectly out of the box, have done a few hundred and never had one wired wrong out of the box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    It would not be wired incorrectly out of the box, have done a few hundred and never had one wired wrong out of the box.
    I've done several hundred and have had the odd one or two wired incorrectly. The PM45 4G's have crappy leads compared to 3G's and often result in lead fail errors, so as a force of habit, I now replace the factory leads and wire in my own. Permaconn have a good smattering of wiring guides on their website (have found one or two of those with incorrect wiring diagrams), plus their tech support is fantastic.

Thanks

I always if possible change the lead. Hardwire to the panel or crimp a connector.