Thread: Solution 6000 erratically self-arming

Thanks

Default Solution 6000 erratically self-arming

A few days ago, I got an alert from MyAlarm that my panel reported "Power Up Or Reset, User 4 Name". I only have the first two users set up on this system. This happened allegedly right on 12:00am of June 22, but I suspect that since I don't have an RTC module installed, it just reset the clock.

Anyway, the sequence thereafter was as follows, keeping in mind that I have a CP722B keypad for mum to simply use a fob with its built-in proximity reader:
    12:00am - Armed by User Token (mum)
    12:00am - Disarmed by User Token (mum)
    12:00am - Part Armed by User Token (mum)
    12:01am - IP Network Connected Ethernet 1
    12:01am - End of Exit
    12:04am - Disarmed by User Token (mum)
    12:05am - Armed by User Token (mum)
    12:05am - Disarmed by User Token (mum)

Since then, the panel seems to arm itself twice a day, each event within about six hours between them, as though mum has used the fob on the proximity reader. She disarms and all is well. At first, I thought perhaps the keypad suddenly got ultrasensitive to the fob, so for an initial test, I suggested she move her keys well away from the proximity reader but that seems to have achieved nothing as the problem persists.

My next move would be to remove and reprogram the fob into the panel but as I am overseas for a little while yet, I have no means to perform this for mum. So, before I go disabling her user slot and just have her use my fob instead, is there a way to reboot the panel to see if I can awaken it that way? Or is the only way to factory default it and re-download the saved configuration with the SolutionLink software I have been using to manage it with?

Panel is running v2.28 (and yes, I do plan to update it to 2.51, if there have been any relevant fixes since that release). From memory, I think the keypad is running v2.16 firmware.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Artstar; 26-06-21 at 02:24 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I don't have an answer but it seems very strange for this too happen.

Maybe replace the panel battery.
    There is a setting where the panel will arm on power up.
    Could be faulty power plug pack.

Thanks

Many thanks for the suggestions. I did end up disabling the restore last state upon power up, so the drawback is it will start up in a disarmed state if it is indeed rebooting itself regularly (doesn't appear to be any longer) but as I can still access it from iFob, I can manage it accordingly.

I'll have to check the battery and power supply when I'm back on home soil and out of quarantine. Odd that it's only two years old with this failure but these things can happen, be it PSU and/or battery.

Thanks

Having a readout of the log actually showing the arming events would be most helpful in showing who/what is causing the panel to arm. If you don't have SolutionLink software, the next best option is to do this via your page. Otherwise if you could take a screenshot of History (not Messages) on the iFob app.

After that, obviously worth checking the panel and plug-pack. Could also be a fault with an auxililary device pulling too much power and causing the panel to drop offline (faulty sirens and strobes can do this). I'd be inclined to power-cycle the panel (drop all power for about 10s). They have been known to have random little glitches from time to time. Often resolved by a reboot. That's not to say they're not a good panel. I have a fairly advanced Solution 6000 setup at home. Love it for it's simplicity.