Thread: Windows 11

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default Windows 11

It s coming next week, they say:

- Why am I even starting this thread as some of you know that I am not a fan of Windows?

Well I like computers and I always hope Microsoft does better.
    Nah, the truth is I am actually on the MS insider program and just noticed this.

- But isn't their insider program only for Windows fans?

No I am not a fan, it is a necessity for me. I am using Windows 10 ARM64, which like W11 is not officially available yet.

- Who uses Windows 10 ARM64 ?

Nut cases like me who always want the impossible, in this case running Windows 10 on Apple's M1 chip!
    After some whinging on their forum and an arrogant remark from a M$ moderator they actually got Dotnet 3.5 on ARM64 working with their latest update.
    So I am actually controlling 20 year old hardware cards using ancient Windows software on the latest and greatest M1 chip which WILL wipe out Intel.

I think MicroSoft is becoming a bit desperate and doing some catch up with Apple.
    A somewhat Mac like desktop and round corners, LOL, but the integration of Android apps in Windows11 definitely looks a lot like an answer to Apple's iOS apps on the M1 Mac, which incidentally do not work yet.
    But just like Apple's Rosetta 2, Microsoft seems to be desperate to get Intel coded PC apps to work on ARM64 CPUs, hence the surprising consequence of my(and other's) wish for .net3.5

Anyhow as a Mac user I do like the first impressions of W11.
    I always hated those ugly sharp edged rectangles
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 26-06-21 at 07:15 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-06-21),tristen (28-06-21)

3. Look Here ->