Thread: Nine confirms new affiliation agreement with win tv

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Default Nine confirms new affiliation agreement with win tv

After a dramatic split in 2016 the two networks are back together.

WIN TV and Nine have inked a deal which will see more changes in regional television as WIN transfers back to an affiliation agreement its former partner from 1 July 2021.

Nine’s channels will continue to carry the Nine branding in regional markets (Channel 9, 9Go, 9Gem etc.)

I just noticed this ...... for the Newcastle Northern NSW region which extends to the Gold coast I noticed WIN branding that used to carry the Network 10 programming is now carrying the 10 branding 10SD, 10HD, 10Bold, 10Peach etc... (back to Southern Cross TV Network ) this is what changed for us

I suspect the channel numbers will change back in other areas Channel 9, 9Go, 9Gem etc. may be on the 8 series channels (8, 80, 81,82, 83, etc...) in WIN TV areas, ?

and 10 branding 10SD, 10HD, 10Bold, 10Peach etc. carying the Southern cross Network will be on the 5 series channels (5, 50, 51, 52, 53, etc ...) ?
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 02-07-21 at 09:27 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

beerman (05-08-21),mtv (02-07-21)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

The networks actually confirmed the new affiliation agreement on April 1st. (I thought it was an April Fools joke at first).

The Nine/WIN deal is for a period of 7 years, but the TEN/SCA deal is only for 2 years.

Coincidently or not, the current 7/Prime affiliation deal also expires in 2 years.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (03-07-21)

Thanks

Don't know when it changed but noticed the channel name changes a couple of days ago. My LG tv still shows the transmitter name as WIN in the signal diagnostic information.

Someone needs to tell sky news to change their ident, channel name has changed to sky news regional the logo however still says sky news on WIN.

Thanks

As of right now ch 53 Nth NSW/ Gold Coast has a new tag : "Sky News Regional" shows the EPG OK but is in fact running dead air for over a day. As Nine owns NBN out of Newcastle the 8 channels have no place for Sky News , eg 85. The 5 series channels are SCA. So is there an agreement for Sky News on SCA? Where could Sky News go? Nth NSW / Gold coast is a different situation to the rest of Oz due to NBN being owned by Nine.

In regard to WA VAST it still has Sky News on WIN.

Cheers
    Hos Here

Thanks

Pics back now running Fox Sports News

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hos here View Post
    As of right now ch 53 Nth NSW/ Gold Coast has a new tag : "Sky News Regional" shows the EPG OK but is in fact running dead air for over a day. As Nine owns NBN out of Newcastle the 8 channels have no place for Sky News , eg 85. The 5 series channels are SCA. So is there an agreement for Sky News on SCA? Where could Sky News go? Nth NSW / Gold coast is a different situation to the rest of Oz due to NBN being owned by Nine.

In regard to WA VAST it still has Sky News on WIN.

Cheers
    Hos Here
    I don't know at the moment its still 53 all the 5/50 channels have just dropped the win name and replaced with 10 name except for sky news which changed to sky news regional from on win.

Actually just found this article that explains things pretty good:

At the moment out of Newcastle we don't get 10shake just did a retune too, So if your on the northern end of the central coast and lucky enough you can point to wyong forresters beach which puts out 8 channels ABC, SBS and the Sydney Commercial Channels as well as the regional versions Prime NBN and previously win now just 10. Out of Newcastle Mt Sugarloaf you only get the regional versions I pickup both broadcasts and have the Newcastle versions programmed in just for the fun of it in the 300's range on my tv.

I originally had my antenna setup for Newcastle but changed it cause I wanted to get 9 News and not NBN News otherwise it wouldn't of bothered me too much as NBN is 9 in every other way they don't even have NBN branding anymore on the channels. Just call it 9 Newcastle only time I see NBN logo is when watching the 9 Central Coast as its called the watermark shows 9NBN just so people are aware I guess since its in an area that offers both. But am considering putting a band filter on to filter out the lower 35-39 channels coming from Newcastle cause its causing issues tuning the foxtel box sometimes.

I honestly don't know why they make it so confusing that in one area a network sources its content from one channel but in another region the same owner sources a completely different channel for content partners. Would think with all the DTV rollout and government control there would be some sort of standardise offering.
    Last edited by tready; 16-07-21 at 10:56 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

To put it simply, from August 1, Sky News on WIN will be renamed Sky News Regional and carried on whatever 10 station is available in most areas - whether it's run by WIN (like Northern NSW, Griffith, Mt Gambier) or Southern Cross Austereo (Southern NSW, Vic, Qld). This is why the 'on WIN' bit has been dropped. WIN/10 Northern NSW has just jumped the gun early and renamed the EPG name to Sky News Regional, but it won't actually change on air until August 1.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

beerman (05-08-21),OSIRUS (18-07-21)